• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is my Samsung GS2 been hacked?

Samkee007

Apr 29, 2011
First time happened was back in about a month ago. One day I noticed some of my pictures were gone ( may be 15 to 20 of them ) I could not find them in any where such as SD card internal/external the strange thing was some pictures still there until today so the defective SD card is ruled out and I was still using the stock firmware 2.3.3 then I also noticed there are other pictures ( almost 100 of them ) not actual pictures they just blank but all with different file names like: My piano, A day in Hollywood etc, etc.
No body has been messing up my phones because it stays with me at all times. The question is who deleted my pictures and put a bunch of files back? Could it be happened remotely like some one using Bluetooth to mess around if the person is happened to be near by? later on I upgraded my phone to 2.3.4 through KIES and hope it will help me to solve the mystery but it did not. By now I know those pictures are long gone...
Two or three days later I upgraded my phone to 2.3.5 until I found the official FW XWKL1 on XDA-Developers, again, upgraded.
So some days later I decided to change song for my ringtone I found out all of them have been replaced by some files with number names. 41203,41204 the list go on...When I use Astro to look for my songs and they are all there ( inside the music folder ) I went back & click one of the number file to see what kind of song and the player pops up a message saying the file format is not supported. It took me almost 30 min to figure out and delete all the number files under MUSIC then I see all my songs back.
My question is has my phone been hacked or infected by viruses/spyware? Or software glitch? I don't have data plan. To go online I use my home wifi all the time.
If some one can help I'll be really appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones