Is my SD card the same as my internal memory?Support

1. nzdreamer55

nzdreamer55 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I have a question about my new nexus phone I am a little confused about how the memory works. I have a 32 gigabyte nexus phone does this mean that the 32 gigabytes is on my sd card?
    what is the primary use for the sd card?
    is my internal memory the same have my sd card?
    thanks again
    -S

Advertisement
    :
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

the G nex doesn't use a SD card per say. It's all internal memory. However there is a 32gig partition that is labeled as sd card.
  3. nzdreamer55

Thanks Trophynuts,

So, I come from a windows world, but did play for about 6 months with ubuntu so I have some understanding of directory structure. Can you tell me how the memory is partitioned? I get confused when people talk about putting stuff on the "sd" card. Is there other memory that is not partitioned as the "sd" card?

I also noticed that when I use the ROM Manager that I can partition SD Card and it gives me the options of 125mg, 256MB or 512MB.

Is one of these the partition that my Nexus thinks is an "SD" Card?

One more thing, As I make backups on the nexus, since there isn't an SD card that can be pulled out and have stuff loaded on it using my home PC, should I be saving these backups somewhere else in case the memory gets wiped?

-S
  4. nzdreamer55

5. Jay3

Jay3 Well-Known Member

I don't know how to answer all these questions (someone else can help), but I can tell you this ( and maybe it will simplify) -- it behaves exactly like a phone with a 32gig card would, only not removable.

You can load stuff on it using your home PC. You just kind pull out a card and do it. It's integrated in there.
    trophynuts likes this.
  6. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

^^great explanation

as far as the backups yes any backup you make is always a good idea to save a copy on your pc anyways.