• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Nevron.eu legit?

zoneweb

Lurker
Apr 26, 2013
Hello, everyone. I recently received an email from nevron. They said they wanted to use my app for their android STBs and I would received payment for each copy of my app installed on each STB. Has anyone else here received communication from them, or is anyone currently in their program? If not, what are your thoughts on this?

Reactions: sniffer
Nevron appears to be some sort of IPTV products company in Slovenia. Contact is anonymous webform or phone only. No street address and their domain registrations are hidden behind an anonymous proxy. Looks bogus to me. They just might be genuine, but I'd still treat is as suspicious.

If it was a Chinese company, they just might use your app anyway without your permission. And good luck in suing them. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
A .eu domain is an easy way for comapnies to try and obscure their geographic location. Anyone hiding their details behind an anonymous proxy should be treated with great suspicion.

I thought the idea of the .EU TLD was for websites and businesses that might be in Europe. Rather than a way of hiding their geographic location. I mean .COM or .NET doesn't tell you the actual geographic location at all. Many Chinese websites use .COM rather than .CN. Sure it's more because they're hiding behind a proxy.

Upvote 0
Remember, com started out meaning commercial. After we flooded it at the outset, the joke became that com stood for the USA.

Yes, lots of bad sites hide behind godaddy and the like, but there are plenty of good commercial sites worldwide holding true to the intention of com.

That the web is registered anonymously doesn't mean much. Mine is because I need to avoid email address scrapers looking to spam me.

They're a European entity, so using eu is fair enough. The com tld is very crowded and made worse by name squatters. If I launch another site, I may have to go to tv to avoid that.

It's the nature of the offer that sounded suspicious to me personally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones