• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is overclocking necessary?

Most roms now are overclocked by the developer. I haven't overclocked any roms lately, I would say 6 months. XtrRom is faster then most roms out there, it may be 2.1 but it is how 2.1 should run. I am on nonesensikal 12.5 it is fast and smooth, with none of the issues of kaos. So you don't need to overclock, if you don't know what you are doing you can make your phone slow and eat up the battery. Just search and you will find what you are looking for.

Upvote 0
ok cool. and i know this is completely off subject but is nonesensikal that much better? after flashing to kaos all i see is people saying how good and stable nonesensikal is.

My only issue with Nonsensikal is that the memory settings are set to close apps in the background pretty aggressively, and I ended up having my launcher having to be restarted after pressing home all of the time. Otherwise, it's a solid ROM. I personally like it more than Kaos. I like CELB most of all, though. If you try CELB read the instructions carefully - you need to flash both CELB and a separate Google apps .zip file before you start the phone.

Upvote 0
You just need to read about the issues with kaos, there are new threads started here and the on going one over at xda. I have never had good results with kaos, your results may vary. If with in 2 hours I have problems that cause me freezing and many reboots then it is gone. Thats why I never stayed with kaos. I had a few bugs with nonsensikal but they cleared up in a few reboots. My problem was random reboots, I found the problem it was jit needed to be turned off. After that it was all good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones