Is phone actually syncing?

Last Updated:

1. jameson_uk

jameson_uk Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed some off behaviour with my Desire since getting it but I am not if this is working as it should, whether there is a small bug in Android or whether I am doing something wrong :eek:

If I got into accounts & sync and select any of the accounts there is a date against the sync option
    • Facebook - live feed 14:00 / contacts 08:38 (every 2 hours)
    • Google - calendar 08:35 / contacts 08:40 / mail 15:19 (no sync freq option)
    • Last.fm - contacts 22:30 yesterday (no sync freq option)
    • Twitter (official app) - twitter data 22:30 yesterday / contacts 22:30 yesterday (no sync freq option)
    • Weather - 22.29 yesterday (every 3 hours)
    Background data and auto-sync are both switched on.

I have just received an email so I am guessing that the push function is working but I am confused as to what is going on with the other accounts. Facebook only appears to have synced because I opened the app but even then this was only the live feed.

Is this date actually showing something else or is it the last time the item was synced? If it is why are things like the weather not syncing inline with the sync frequency setting ????

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Have you lost signal and/or are you using/doing anything that stops data?

Is perm mobile data connection on or off?

3. jameson_uk

jameson_uk Member This Topic's Starter

Turned off mobile connection when connected to WiFi. Other than that phone is always connected

4. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

i had a similar problem. It suddenly started working after i cleared internet and htc flash cache...i think it could be a problem with memory getting low....