1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is Phone Fried?Support

1. aviatrixliz

aviatrixliz New Member

Here's the problem, we have 2 elite's, one wont hold a charge. Tried for a few days to see what it's doing. Charged the phone to 100%, didn't use the phone at all overnight and in the morning it was down in the red. Tried three different chargers, same results. Swapped batteries and it works fine in the other phone, with no problems. Checked running apps, no significant difference between the two.

Is the phone fried?

Advertisement
    :
  2. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

Turn it off and plug it in and see if you get the charging animation.
  3. aviatrixliz

aviatrixliz New Member

It does show the charging animation.
  4. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

Go to settings > about phone > battery use. Something funny might be draining your battery.
  5. Zx5

Zx5 Well-Known Member

As someone here pointed out to me, 3G kills the battery. I was having the same problem with the battery running out quickly until I installed one of the suggested apps to be able to turn 3G on/off without having to go into the menus. (Settings>wireless&networks>mobile networks>data enabled).

With an app like DataSwitch you can turn on 3G from the home screen only when you need it. You'll still get text messages with 3G off, but not email until you turn it back on:
    http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-elite/553543-dismal-battery-life-2.html#post5196925