Is phone gone bad or the whole file system corrupted?

Last Updated:

1. jdwis

jdwis Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I have no idea but there is something wrong with my phone.
    About phone

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

How much free space do you have for apps? I think MDC 3.2 only uses APPS2SD for APKs and not Dalvik-Cache. You say you have a lot of games so they might be taking up a bit of space.

Initially I thought it sounded like a corrupt SD card but when you said you had different apps missing after restoring again, that sounds more like you have no more space for Dalvik-cache.

3. jdwis

jdwis Active Member This Topic's Starter

When all apps were installed and running before that Nandroid backup, it was still 99MB free on phone and also after installing the Nandroid backup. The ext3 partition is 512 and SWAP is 0. Rest is out of 8GB as fat32.
    I can be sure that its not the free space as everytime I restart the phone some apps missig and sometime if the phone hangs and if booted then chances are it would show only those apps in All Progs as plain as new installed MCR ROM but on rest of the screen showing icons of my installed apps which I made the sortcuts but then those wont work...
    Also I did install Droid Explorer and checked it while connected, it showed a folder "Dalvic-cache" where all those names of 100+ apps were installed, so those details do remain in dalvic-cache but it doesnt point to the shortcuts or whatever the reason.