Is Picturemail no more?Tips

Last Updated:

1. DaveG

DaveG Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there no way to upload to my picturemail account anymore now that I have a smart phone? In the past I liked how I could upload all pics taken and received to my picturemail account and then download them to my computer. Must I now either hook up a cable to the phone or email a picture every time I want to save it to my computer?

Advertisement
  2. SniperDroid

SniperDroid Well-Known Member

If you have a photobucket account, the photobucket app allows for automatic uploading of the pictures you take to you account, then you have full access to them via your PC. Does that make sense? LOL!

3. DaveG

Yeah. Will that take the full resolution photo upload? I will have to check the site when at a computer but I assume that is all a part of their free service?

4. adrianq

adrianq Well-Known Member

Picturemail still works for me. I just checked it and it contains every picture and video that I received via mms on my evo.

I still prefer picasa though (just preference).

5. DaveG

I liked on previous phones how I could upload pictures I took directly to picturemail. Looks like that functionality is gone.

6. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

It auto stores any that are sent but not a place to upload ones you take. Since you have an sd card now they assume you will store there and back up at home.

7. DaveG

Yeah, I guess it makes sense - especially now that these picture files are much larger. It does add a step of having to plug in the phone to access them, but hey - I guess that is MUCH better than the current picturemail steps, which are
    - go to website
    - login to website
    - wait 30+ seconds for the site to login and become usable
    - click on a picture to open the main gallery of uploads
    - click the download button for an image
    - click OK to the prompt that Sprint gives you telling you that the download will occur
    - accept the file download from the browser
    - open the downloaded file and pull the image out of the zip

Wow, after thinking about all those steps I'm glad to be leaving the picturemail system!

SirSlayer likes this.
  8. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Yeah I had to go into today to retrieve some old picture messges I lost when I reflashed my moment. I can't imagine picture size on that EVO yet.

9. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

I have to say thanks just because the way you listed everything out. I never used pic mail, and from the sounds of it glad i didn't. Made me laugh and I got bored at step 3.

10. Ringman

Ringman New Member

You can upload the pictures from your phone to your picture mail account. You do this by pulling up the picture and at the bottom of the page there are 4 symbols under the photo. There is a ball with two arrows coming out of it. Click that symbol, choose share by mail and send the pic to your picture mail account e-mail address. Hope that works for you. Not as easy as the old Instinct, but it still works.

11. Ringman

Ringman New Member

I found out another tip. If you have a photo on the phone and want to upload it to your Sprint Picture Mail account, you can just do Share, Messages and send it to your phone number. I have it working now.

12. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

If im not mistaken, every time you take a pic with your phone. It automatically is uploaded to the Sprint online photo album, so watch what pics you take.

13. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I HIGHLY doubt that is true. It would overload the network, drain the phones battery, and not to mention its illegal to do that unless the phone tells you its doing it.

14. acunn1

acunn1 Member

It would only upload a pic if you sent it as a picturemail. However the website is now defunct, so you can no longer go and see your pictures on a sprint website.