Is possible they shut down a townGeneral

Last Updated:

1. TekOne

TekOne Well-Known Member

I've been with VM for 2yrs now and always way has 2-3bar in room and 3-4bar outside on yard. recently, my signal is down to 1 bar outside of yard and no bar when inside my room. I've calling VM for last whole week and they claim no problem in my area... and have been re-program my MT and still no signal and 3g data only 30-50kb/s. Anything else i can do before i switch to T-mobile 4g $30 per month.

2. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

Have you tried the stock ROM? Also have you messed with your PRL at all? If so stock it back. I know VM has been updating towers and its possible they are coming down on PRL edits.
  3. skearton

skearton Well-Known Member

My signal has been worse recently since a large storm we had in July. Also copper thieves have been stealing the cable off of local cell towers. It's been fun.
  4. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

That sucks man! I used to sell recycled copper at one of my old jobs but that was only when we pulled out the cable to run new cable. I do not miss those days on the bomb lift :eek:
  5. TekOne

TekOne Well-Known Member

i've never messed up with my PRL.. Before i flash to your MTDEV rom, i backup the stock rom with CMV. i restore that stock rom in order to re-program that what VM asked.

I'm sure it 95% is the VM Tower been shut affect this problem.. Whenever i drive about 3-5 miles away from my home area.. the signal bar up to 2-3bar and 3g speed test up to 400-500kb/s. Inside my home area.. only 20-50kb/s in speed test.

Lucky VM gave me a month free to test their service after a multiple complaint with a week. They tried to offer a new phone but my MT phone warranty expired about just 2 weeks ago after they checked.:(
  6. Mancow60

Mancow60 Well-Known Member

I'm having this problem too. It really sucks because my phone reboots itself several times a day now. It happened on the old MTDEV cm7 rom and the newest one, now I'm on the u 9000 froyo rom and still reboots. If I turn off 3g everything seems fine though. This started happening this past Thurday. I also did not mess with prls. Really weird.