Is poweramp worth paying for ??

Last Updated:

1. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just down loaded the trial version of Poweramp and it looks really cool. But before I pay for it I was wondering if it was worth the money or is there a free music player that is better or as cool as Poweramp ?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Only YOU can tell youself if the app is good enough for you. We cant tell you if it will meet your needs or not.

3. OMGWTFSILLYGOOSE

OMGWTFSILLYGOOSE Member

I agree it's all about personal opinion. Personally I use the free version of Mixzing, and it works good for me.

4. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

FWIW, I've been away from Android for a year, when I had my Droid 1. I now have a T-Mo Defy running on AT&T. However in that time, I was spoiled with my Nokia N900's media player if nothing else for the simple fact that it supported connection to my Windows Media Library share. All I had to do was connect to my WiFi, and open the N900 media player, and it would automatically find it. Once connected, I could also share files thru the file manager.

I was looking for the same functionality with Android and found Poweramp. I installed the free version, and its got a really nice layout/eq controls, and I wound up paying for the premium version for the media sharing. I'm not sure if the paid version offers anything else other than permanent use, as I'm still trying to get it, and Astro file manager, to connect to my PCs. Oddly enough, the EStrong file manager has no problem connecting.

While the Poweramp interface is much better than the stock Motoblur, or whatever came with the Defy, it doesn't seem like Poweramp can stream internet radio...something the stock player, and my N900 could do as well.

5. bjrmd

bjrmd Member

if you want to play and read embedded tags for aac, wma its the only option out there
    equalizer is excellent as well

6. Deckard_9732

Deckard_9732 New Member

I have been using PowerAMP for about 2 months and it is an excellent player. Streaming is sub par and not a deal killer because Pandora is 'THE' streaming music app. The deal killer for PowerAMP is the "lack of abilty" to kill the players service. Not even Advanced Task Killer can kill the service and it is a buried service which continues to run and if you stop it it will restart. The only way to stop the player from draining your battery and precious memory resources is to 'Force Stop' the player and that is a problem. I have emailed the dev to no avail.....If Pandora can put an exit button on the dock pop-up which kills it, why can't PowerAMP? Until this issue is fixed I would not buy this app period!!!!!!!

7. popville

popville New Member

Does PowerAmp allow you to "queue" songs? I tried the eval tonight & couldn't find a way to do that. My Creative Nomad could do that 6 years ago but on the iPod it was very difficult (if not impossible as I gave up). I will not use/buy a music player that doesn't allow song queueing. Cubed has queueing but otherwise isn't impressive.

- Michael

8. RichieHD

RichieHD Well-Known Member

There's my buddy from the Defy section! Haha. Just download Audiogalaxy. You have to download the client on your PC and then select a folder you want the phone to connect to. I use it, sounds just what you need! Cheers.

9. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I believe it does, though it's not a feature I use so I couldn't say 100%. It also has playlists if you like to go that route.