Is process Connectivity Service important?Support

Last Updated:

1. madmonk

madmonk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've dispensed with task killers, as advised on the forum, except for ASTRO which seems very useful from a number of points of view. I find Running Services widget very useful from a battery saving point of view, however the only service i dont seem to be able to turn off is the Connectivity Service, which is associated with the HTC Calendar, or the htc.com.bg process. If I force stop the Calendar program within the Manage Applications suite, I can then turn off the Connectivity Service, but it starts again maybe half an hour later by itself.

Is it for the internal clock?

I have no wish to sync ANYTHING at all. I got the desire for its apps, the processor, the games, the internal organisers etc etc, not to sync with anything Google. All syncs are therefore turned off.

Why does it keep coming back on?
    And why does Jorte, the Calendar I use for future appts, keep restarting even when i've not even used it? Its not synced to Google either.

So - what is htc.com (or is it com.htc?).bg, and how do I, or should I even try, to turn it off.?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You need jorte running to display what's on your calendar.

You say youve dispensed with task killers then go on to describe your problems using the same functionality in astro.

Wha???

Stop killing stuff. ;)

3. madmonk

madmonk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That was a quick reply, thanks.

Are you implyingthat it doesnt necessarily affect the battery having apps running in the background that I'm not using? Is this task killing just false economy?

And what is the connectivity service for? Do any HTC workers subscribe here?

4. SUroot

Well I can't say for sure what the service is so won't hazard a guess.

Having a task killer actively monitor is false economy.

Android puts tasks in the background to a dormant state so the battery use really is nominal.

There's a good "should you use a task killer" thread here I will dig out for you.

5. SUroot