• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Radio hardware of software?

admiral70

Mar 11, 2010
With the Nexus one some day moving to VZW I am carious. In order to make it VZW compatible is that a hardware change for the radio to work or software?

I guess the real question is can you hack an unlocked Nexus One being used on T-mobile to work with VZW network when VZW starts selling the N1?

Thank you

I suppose I have a follow up question. ATT, TMO, and Vz are all going to LTE in the next year or two. I've read that LTE is data only and this gives me the impression the phones would become VoIP devices? Does this get us past Vz's inability to use voice and data at the same time?

Verizon has the best network (to date) and I would like to go back. But I don't like the CDMA limitations. Thanks if anyone can answer this question!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones