Is rear camera still a dissapoitment?

Last Updated:

1. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Over the past couple of days I read a lot on the forums that the HTC Evo rear camera comes to be a big disappointment. Most of it I figured was due to the fps cap however now that it has been fixed do you find the rear camera better or is it still disappointment and why.

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

The removal of the FPS cap really does nothing for the camera. I always thought it was fine though. It's a phone and the camera is pretty damn decent for a PHONE.

3. Snow Gator

Snow Gator Member

A disappointment?
    My EVO camera was never a
    disappointment it has always worked great. The EVO is a phone not a photographers dream. If a person wants pictures that can be published in National Geographic then buy a $5000.00 camera not a phone.

4. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

My pictures have come out more beautiful and bright than any other phone ive owned.

5. kegacide

kegacide Well-Known Member

i love the camera... it takes amazing pictures, ive been so pleased with them its ridiculous...

6. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

The Evo has completely replaced my point and shoot because of all of the conveniences that come with it -- I have it with me all the time, I can upload directly to Facebook, and while the pictures aren't awesome in quality, they are definitely more than good enough for my purposes. In full daylight, it totally competes with my P&S. But it starts lagging as the light levels start going down. But then again, my P&S isn't that great in low light either.

I have also called off the search for a P&S upgrade. Because the reality is that it would be collecting dust anyway.

7. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I've taken some picture the other day and I was SO impressed of the quality. It was really surprising how nice and crisp they came out. The video recorder can be SLIGHTLY better though, I still have to play around a little more with that.

8. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

9. rjones383

rjones383 Active Member

I was disappointed with mine at first. But I actually found out my lens was cracked. I couldn't be happier with it now. If it weren't for battery life, it would take the place of my digital camera also.

10. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

If you have good lighting, the Evo camera really shines.

11. kegacide

kegacide Well-Known Member

i remember the first picture i took with the phone i was like, this thing sucks... then i realized i still had the clear plastic sticker over it :eek:

12. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Yes! I definitely agree

LMAO... me too!

13. alextop30

The reason I asked this is because I some people on the forums bashing the rear camera. I on the other hand think that the pictures are impressive for a phone camera I am perfectly aware that thia is not my 12 mega pixel camera so I enjoy it and am happy that I can make such great pictures on the go thanks very much for the answers

14. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

Everything gets bashed on a forum regardless, good or bad ;)

15. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I have both the Evo and Epic and the Epic blows away the Evo's in picture quality. In video mode the Evo is just a tad slower then the Epic.

16. alextop30

I cannot comprehend the epic to tell you the truth and I think if the pictures are compared on the computer screen the evo should naturally look better because of the +3 mega pixel camera. But other than that both phones look pretty similar on specs you guys got the keyboard and swype which is kind of an oxymoron but that's fine with me.

17. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Mega pixels mean very little beyond marketing. The size/quality of the sensor and quality of lens are way more important. The larger pixel density has more more to do with print size than monitor viewing.

18. beano52

beano52 Well-Known Member

Uh, absolutely the best camera on a phone I have ever owned. It's basicly replaced my old camera.

19. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Same here ....unless low lighting this thing is great. Low light is just a matter of tweaking settings. Link to pics in my sig

20. meshell213

meshell213 Member

It does the job for me, I never expect it to be a professional camera anyway. I'm even satisfy with the front facing camera when taking some self-potrait pics =)

21. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

22. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

all in the settings...all that "may" prove is that the epic is set up out of the box to take batter pics...

I've corrected most of the low light issues by changing settings. Vid quality didn't appear to be any different in the comparisons

23. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member

I'm having some issues with lower light pics. My flash pics come out washed out even when the subject is 5' away. Anyway to adjust the flash strength?
    The White Balance on Flash pics is also off. I don't see a Flash option on white balance. How do you adjust the whote balance for the flash?

Thanks,

24. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

i have seen a few post that they have changed the flash brightness but have yet to find a way, or get an answer to this

:(

25. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

You really can't see a difference in the videos of the fan and the night time video?