Is rom manager backup a nandroid backup?

Last Updated:

1. jc123

jc123 Active Member This Topic's Starter

when people say nandroid backup or whatever how do you do that? i downloaded rom manager and backed up but is that a nandroid backup? sorry im new and trying to get the fps fix without losing data... thanks

Advertisement
  2. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

i'm not sure, i have never used that feature.

to be sure you have it right tho, you can boot into recovery automatically from rom manager and select the section called nandroid.

you should also look into back up programs that save your apps. a nandroid will only revert you back to your old rom. check your other thread.

NSutherl, AARONONE and jc123 like this.
  3. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Yes, ROM Manager boots you into recovery providing a nandroid backup.

Manually you can go into it by booting into recovery and clicking nandroid.

4. jc123

jc123 Active Member This Topic's Starter

ok thanked both you guys but now my question is how do i update to fix the fps do i just download the rom then install it but then if i go back to my backup wont it just delete my fps fix? sorry if im completely wrong again i just started. thanks

5. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

so i just tried this, when you go to shut down your phone rom manager then start the making the nandroid back up.

6. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

If you download the stock rooted ROM, flash it and then do a NAND restore, yes you will go back to the ROM you had before flashing the update so you will lose the FPS fix. Do a NAND backup just in case anything goes wrong and also do a Titanium Backup so you can restore your apps and settings after flashing.

7. rileyrg

rileyrg Member

Why would he need a titanium backup if he' done a nandroid backup with rom manager? Unless you mean to back up the apps he might have installed using the new ROM he now discards.

8. biker57

biker57 VIP Member VIP Member

A true nandroid back up is a snapshot of your phone at the time you make it. When that type of backup is restored it puts your phone back the way it was at that moment in time. This includes apps, text, pictures etc.

Titanium Backup is mostly used to backup apps (user & system) and can also backup text messages. You can restore apps individually or in a batch with the pro version, but not the rom itself or needed files and folders. There are other things that TB can do and you can check those out at the link below.

Titanium Backup for Android - Official Website | Titanium Track

Using Rom Manager to back up you phone is something I wouldn't do. I just don't trust a app to make a backup that I might need to save my phone from a major issue. It doesn't take but a minute longer to boot into recovery and make a backup I can trust. I've had to use them in the past to save me and would be upset if I needed a backup that was useless.

ocnbrze and Mikestony like this.
  9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

the other issue is that rom manager is the front end of clockwork mod recovery which for the og evo has caused many issues in the past for many people. amon ra 2.3 has always been my prefered recovery which will not work with rom manager.

plus i agree in not using rom manager at all. i do not like these all in one apps that do many functions. i just do not trust them to something that you can do manually and it really is not at all hard. it makes people lazy and that will always create problems in the future. both cwm and rom manager just do not wipe very well and thus when trying to flash something will cause a whole lot of headaches....more so then it is worth using.

biker57 and tube517 like this.