• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is "SAMSUNG Android Composite ADB Interface" necessary to use Odin?

purity

Lurker
Apr 18, 2010
I've been trying to root my Galaxy Spica/i5700, and have read several guides to find out the best method. I'm now trying to install LK2.08, and after a lot of trouble I've finally managed to get both "SAMSUNG Android USB Modem" and "SAMSUNG Android USB Composite Device" to show up in Device Manager both when the phone is in "regular mode" (USB Debugging enabled) and "download mode".

But I still can't get Odin to work. I'm running it as administrator, I've tried compability mode, but whatever I do I always get an error message saying "Check image files !!" when I press "Start".

The only thing I think that's missing is "SAMSUNG Android Composite ADB Interface", which I have in regular mode, but not in download mode. Is this necessary to use Odin?

EDIT: I'm so stupid, I must have missed that I need to select a OPS file for Odin to work... Seems like it's working now, although "<1> Setup connection..." is taking a very long time.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones