is SetCPU working?

Last Updated:

1. teddykgb

teddykgb Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I'm new to rooting, but I just switched to the EVO from the iPhone which I had jailbroken so I'm familiar with the concept.

A quick question regarding SetCPU. I know there is not a kernel out there yet for overclocking, but how can I tell if it's working for underclocking when my evo is sleeping? Is there a way to confirm or do I just estimate if I see improved battery performance?

FYI - I'm not sure what all the hype about crappy battery life is all about, after a full day yesterday I was at 40% when I went to bed.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

You can use the widget for setcpu but as far as actually verifying the clock speed when the screen is off you can't. Did you set up the profiles?

teddykgb likes this.
  3. teddykgb

Hi and thanks for the quick response!

Yes I did set up the profile for sleep/standby and have it enabled. So I should just trust that it's working?

UPDATE: I just saw in another thread that the profiles don't currently work on the EVO? Do you have any knowledge of this?

4. CRPercodani

Actually no I don't. I haven't really bothered much with it yet since it can't be overclocked. However if you want to test this what you could do is go and make a profile for charging and set it low like 500mhz max and 248mhz min (or whatever clock speeds are selectable) and after that plug your phone in and see if the clock speed drops down. You will have to hit refresh in the setcpu app to get a accurate reading or use the widget.

5. teddykgb

Dang, I knew I should have brought a cable to work today!

I'll check that out tonight. Thank you sir.

6. CRPercodani

No problem.

7. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

With setcpu you can setup custom frequencies. Just insert this text file in the root of your sd card and choose custom on the setup screen of setcpu and you should be good to go.

If you want to check if its working just place the setcpu widget on your main home screen and put the phone to sleep and give it a couple of minutes then wake it up and look to see where the frequency is at, it usually takes it a couple of seconds to throttle back up so you should be able to see if it's working:)

Hope it helps ya.

Attached Files: