Is Sprint planning on dropping any new phones in 2010?

Last Updated:

1. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I keep hearing rumors and seeing announcements about other carriers dropping multiple new Android phones, but from Sprint I hear nothing. I love my plan & price, but I hate the lack of attention applied to firmware updates. I know to most folks this is not important, but I am dying for a gosh dang update. I am really considering a move to the big red machine since i can avoid the ETF right now. They have already released 2.0.1 and are planning to drop 2.1 on 1/22. Our phone has been out longer and should be getting the same type of attention.

At this point, my Verizon bill would only be 12 bucks more per month and I would get, in my eyes, a better hand set.

Any one else like to chime in?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

The best phone out there is the N1. Verizon sucks because they didn't come out with the N1 first. What a horrible company. T-Mobile is cheaper than Verizon and has released way more Android phones than Verizon. Why wouldn't you want to go to T-Mobile? Verizon only has two Android phones just like Sprint. Verizon was also the 3rd out of the 4 US carriers to adopt the Android (T-Mobile 1st, Sprint 2nd, Verizon 3rd, AT&T still waiting). Verizon is the worst at adopting the cutting edge products. The turned their noses at the iPhone. The were behind on the Palm Pre, they were 3rd on the Android. They will be behind on adopting the faster data network as well. This, all the while they charge some of the highest rates in the country. Oh, and my dealings with their customer service have left me way less than happy. I am sure you couldn't tell.

3. MisterB

MisterB Well-Known Member

The thing that holds me back, is that I've noticed GSM voice quality isn't as good as CDMA. The signal also isn't as good at penetrating buildings and basements, etc. Have you noticed this too? Maybe they've improved things since the last time I checked.

Are you able to get internet data while you're on the phone with Tmobile, like you can with AT&T? I've really liked having this feature with my wifi enabled phone.

4. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

AT&T and T-Mobile have GSM. GSM allows the user to browse the web while talking on a call. CDMA (Verizon & Sprint) does not have that capability.

5. Stormin

Stormin Well-Known Member

Two guys that I work with that have iPhones, one 3G the other 3GS both get better reception in my office than I do with my Moto Q9C.