• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Sprint worth it?

I am currently at verizon and have a D2. Love it! However sprint lets you upgrade once a year and is significantly cheaper. How does sprint treat you and is the reception good?

How does Sprint treat me? Never had a problem.

Is reception good? Like with any carrier, depends where you are. I have lived in some places where it is the best and other places where it was one of the worst.

I definitely think Sprint is worth it... at least it is for me.

Upvote 0
I am currently at verizon and have a D2. Love it! However sprint lets you upgrade once a year and is significantly cheaper. How does sprint treat you and is the reception good?

It depends on luck and where you live. Sprint is a lot better on the west coast compared to the east coast. I have zero complaints with sprint, but I do not deal with them unless I have to.

Upvote 0
I have had the pleasure (or displeasure) of working for all 3 of the "Big 3", Sprint, AT&T and Verizon, and have been a customer of all, so I can attest that the services are only to be judged by CAN IT WORK FOR YOU! I have had the misfortune of having little to NO service in my areas of work and travel with both AT&T and Verizon, and have had no problems in the same areas with Sprint! Mind you, this didn't sit well with me at times because Sprint's phone line-up at sometimes left a lot to be desired, but if the service works, that should be the 1st bone of contention! Sure I would have loved to have been a card carrying Apple Fanboy, but the service didn't work, so I saw NO reason to follow the crowd with having what until now was the phone to have, but now that Sprint has begun to get their hardware from the people who have that wonderful android OS attached, not only do I enjoy great service, but I can now enjoy a phone that can suit my needs for business as well. AND THE PLANS ARE LESS EXPENSIVE! So you should ask your friends, neighbors and associates who have used sprint in your circle how the service works for them and make your own decision. IMHO

Upvote 0
There will be ups and downs with any carrier as far as reception goes. No one carrier can fill every nook and crany in every city. That being said, my job requires extensive travel (pilot) and I can tell you I have traveled all over the US from Louisiana to California and Sprint has had great coverage... even in the small towns I fly in and out of. On top of that, You cannot beat their plans.. the Everthing Data 450 plan is the best in the business, you never have to worry about counting minutes or data... plus the extras are included instead of being nickel and dimed, like VZW will do to you. Its 70dollars a month ($80 with an EVO or Epic). My job requires good cell service for flight planning and weather updates, and I never have a problem with Sprint coverage. Been with Sprint 10 years and they've always resloved my issues fast in regards to customer service. Yes, I've tried VZW and ATT as a second line to see if they were all that. To make a long story short, I came back to Sprint both times. Give Sprint a try.. I will bet you'll have good coverage and know you will save money. Plus, the Epic and EVO are AWESOME phones! :)

EDIT
PS. Sprint has lots of good discounts too. You can save money depending on who you work for or even who you bank with. Discounts are anywhere from 10 to 30% off a month. I get 25% off my monthly bill for doing nothing! :)

Reactions: DrewJedi
Upvote 0
It's defiantly worth trying. Go to Sprint (I prefer Best Buy) get a phone on a new line with a new phone number, do not port you number! Now you have 30 days, shouldn't need that much time, to decide if the service is good in your area. When you decide to keep Sprint just have you number ported over from Verizon. :)

Would having it ported cause me not to get the 30 days?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones