is tazz 8 worth the wipe?

Last Updated:

1. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have tazz 7 currently and up until now I have never wiped because it was not required. So is the jump from 7 to 8 worth the effort of backing up.

I use astro because it is faster than the free version of titanium and froyo never seems to reload all of my apps for some reason. :confused: <--kinda why it is such a pain to wipe

Advertisement
  2. ppbb

ppbb Well-Known Member

i did a full wipe and all may apps restored. do not skip the set up part. log into your google account during the set up. everything went as smooth as possible.

3. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah that is what i do but most of my apps don't get restored for some reason.

well in any case i flashed 8.0 but decided to do a nand restore because i didnt feel like setting everything up when i like the theme of 7.0 and find it works well enough for me. maybe i will wipe/flash in a few more updates when it is a bit more worthwhile...

4. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

titanium backup FTMFW!

5. ppbb

ppbb Well-Known Member

v8 is running super smooth and fast for me. workshed at xda put up some zip files of the red and black keyboards. this is as close to perfection(for me).

6. ddukes75

ddukes75 Member

Does that mean factory reset option under menu options on phone, or do you just do both data/factory reset - Dalvik under recovery?