Is the audio stream from this site accessible via the Droid? (Househeads, heads-up)

Last Updated:

1. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running into some codec/format (Flash player) incompatibility issues with my new device...may go back to Droid via Milestone. Can anyone confirm if the media player can play the audio from this site? (station plays house/techhouse/downtempo/Carl Cox weekly Ibiza sets):

Ibiza Radio : Sonica 95.2 : Internet Radio - Live Music Online : Cultura Sonica

It may be a flash based site, so the web page may not load properly on the Droid...direct link to stream:

http://sonica.wft.es/sonica_ram.ram

or

ICC Broadcast Server

-TIA

Advertisement
  2. drew_14

drew_14 Member

3. colnago

Fair enough, but does the native media player play the stream(s)? I believe one is "real audio"...not sure about the other. If you click on the tonearm for the turntable on the right, on the web page (site is interactive), it opens a menu for "Winamp" player.

4. colnago

Actually, here is the "Windows Media Player" compatible stream (*.asx stream):

Ibiza Sonica

Does that work in the default player? I'm just trying to figure out what will/will not work work for other sites as well.

5. colnago

Little help on confirming if the link above plays in the stock media player?

6. drew_14

drew_14 Member

The stock media player plays local media only. It cannot stream music. You will need a streaming music player like DroidLive to play any sort of online streaming radio - whether it's Shoutcast, Windows Media, Real Audo, etc. The only method I've ever tried and can guarantee works, is playing the Shoutcast stream through DroidLive.

7. colnago

Really? Wow..didn't know that. That sux.

Good lookin out on the update. I know you "recommended" DroidLive, but wasn't sure if it actually "worked". I have an n900 now, and even though it plays some types of streams/formats, given the same format coded differently, it does not work...not unlike the issue the Droid has with *.wav files, and not being able to playback certain bitrates (voice mail from certain systems).