Is the camera key supposed to be this cheap and terrible?

Last Updated:

1. CSTblank

CSTblank Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My camera key is loose, unflush, and wiggley. Looks cheap to say the least. Especially when compared to the rest of the structurally sound phone...... I don't remember my first droid being this way. WTH?

Advertisement
  2. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

I don't use it. I use the on-screen camera button to reduce wear and tear on the gold one.

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

The rest of the phone has such a nice build quality. I don't know why they put such a flimsy, awkward camera button on there.

4. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Keep costs down :) It's not the only key that's flimsy. The volume rocker is too. Some say the sliders are suspect. Overall, it's build like a tank. But you have to expect that some things are compromised for volume manufacturing and cost reduction. Also, it's made in China. Something's BOUND to be cheap on the phone.

5. gabe23

gabe23 Member

Yeah, that's really my only gripe about the build quality of the phone. I don't have the loose keyboard slider or any other issues that people report, but the camera button and volume rocker are crappy.

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

My camera button seems to be alright ... but I HIGHLY recommend you guys buy the app "PRO Zoom Camera 5X". It has an onscreen slider for zoom, and you just tap the screen to take a pic. Or use the camera OR volume-up button. I think it's only $1.49. Some editing tools too. Worth every penny. :cool: You'll forget all about that silly hardware button. ;)

7. gabe23

gabe23 Member

I don't use the button for taking pictures, so my complaint isn't one of functionality or lack thereof. My issue is that I have to feel a wobbly, cheap button moving around every time I hold the device.

8. Darkbleed

Darkbleed Member

Everything is amazing and nobody's happy. :)

9. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy, it's just strange that the side keys are so very flimsy. It hasn't really caused me any problems, so I'm OK with it.

10. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member

Can you tell us if Pro Zoom is faster or slower than the stock camera app? I'm contemplating buying it, but time needed between photos is important to me.