• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Droid X upgrade incentive happening or not?

yes the bloggers reported the wrong information from the press conference obviously bc i called again and was told that the contract needs to end in 2010 to be able to upgrade immediately. shante got lucky and sonned the csr lol when i was told yes i never told them to note the account bc i didnt think i had to only to get denied the next 10 times i called(called again before and got denied)

Upvote 0
yes the bloggers reported the wrong information from the press conference obviously bc i called again and was told that the contract needs to end in 2010 to be able to upgrade immediately. shante got lucky and sonned the csr lol when i was told yes i never told them to note the account bc i didnt think i had to only to get denied the next 10 times i called(called again before and got denied)

No the bloggers reported right if you have a contract ending anytime before dec 31, 2010 then you are eligible otherwise its a no go

Upvote 0
No the bloggers reported right if you have a contract ending anytime before dec 31, 2010 then you are eligible otherwise its a no go

i just read engagdets and bgr's live report from the press conference ... this is from engadget

1:46PM Verizon is accelerating upgrade dates -- everyone with an upgrade date in 2010 can updgrade to the Droid X at launch.

this is from bgr's

1:45 PM: Anyone who has an upgrade in 2010 can upgrade with the full subsidy!

so i dont understand according to THEM im eligible but according to vzw im not this is why im confused

Upvote 0
My contract doesn't end till November 2011, however, my annual upgrade is this November (I bought the Droid Eris this past November). I just got an email from Verizon earlier today that I'm eligible to upgrade to the Droid X on July 15th for the $199.99.

Hopefully that helps some people with questions.

Upvote 0
From what I read in the other forums this may be a generic email and not specifically saying you are qualified for the upgrade. The wording is very misleading and I believe only those who signed up on the Droid Does website are getting them. Not sure about that last part though. Even if you get one, I'd still call to be sure before getting your hopes up.

I spoke to someone at a Verizon store and even though I'm eligible in Nov, I have to wait till then - they won't offer me an early upgrade. Luckily I'm switching to a family plan and will be using my Dad's upgrade, hehe so I should still get mine early.

Upvote 0
From reading this link: Exclusive: 3G Smartphone Promo Upgrade Offer From Verizon | GizmoFusion

It says that you cannot buddy upgrade. I want to use this promotion on one of the secondary lines on my family share plan. Then activate the phone on my primary line so I don't forfeit my NE2 in September by using the Annual Upgrade. Is this not possible?

If your secondary line is eligible NOW for an upgrade, (forget any promotions, early upgrades, and contract end dates) if you can walk into a store pick up any phone (not just smartphones) today, then you can use the secondary line to get the Droid X and transfer it to your line. However, if your secondary line isn't available for an upgrade and you were gonna use the early upgrade deal because your contract ends in 2010, you cannot buddy upgrade to the Droid X and trasnfer it over. Get the idea?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones