Is the dust issue gone?

Last Updated:

1. domination

domination New Member This Topic's Starter

Now that there have been newer hardware versions produced, is it safe to say that this issue has been resolved. I only ask becuase as everyone is aware, the epic 4g is coming out soon and I am quite particular about things such as dust under the screen.

Also, although this is a new account, I am not new to the forums, it has been a while since I have visited and i forgot my old password lol.

Advertisement
  2. rahuldang

rahuldang Well-Known Member

im not sure if the dust is gone (im still waiting on multiple waiting lists to get an evo.... grrrr) but i havent seen a thread about the dust/screen separation for a while. then again maybe im not looking in all the right places lol. and as for the epic, that phone does look sweet. i just wanna know how many megapixels the ffc is..cuz the evo's is a beastly 1.3. and im stuck deciding between the two evo or epic that is, but i guess im leaning towards the evo because of the kickstand

3. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

I think the Epic's ffc is 0.3 mp

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I dont think the new hardware version is out yet. I havent heard anyone say they got a version 4 yet.

5. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

Dust will almost always be an issue with phone screens, unless the panels are fused like in the iPhone 4. Sorry bud.

6. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

I have a rev 3 EVO, and there is some dust.

7. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Aren't the Super Amoled screens fused or the touchscreen and display are on the same panel? Something like that :D

8. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

9. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

Interesting find. Yeah I had only assumed that because they were fused together dust wouldn't be an issue, but apparently not.

iPhone 4 Teardown - Page 3 - iFixit

10. nickoakdl

nickoakdl Well-Known Member

I have no dust under my screen, but I am sure that if I gave my phone to certain other people they would. They probably also believe they have gnomes that steal their socks from their dryer.

11. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

No dust here neither I got a ver 002 and the first week of the phone was out I always believe it was some defective units cause I had drop this phone more then 3 times and not problems here :)

12. domination

domination New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok this sounds good because my hero had a dust problem, and I don't want to trade that in for a bigger dust issue.