• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Evo really that bad ?????

What do you think of YOUR Evo

• Amazing phone

Votes: 399 95.0%
  • Sucks

Votes: 21 5.0%

• Total voters

Slice28

Jun 10, 2010
I have to say im shocked by all of these comments and threads that im reading. Is the Evo really that bad?? or are people just doing a lot of nitpicking and hating on what is a really amazing phone. Im getting it friday and im still extremly excited to get it but should I be? I mean is this phone just a giant dud? From what I can tell it is in fact an amazing phone, but thats based on the specs, the tons of videos I watched on it, and about an hour of messing around with it.

Well since there is no inbetween I won't vote but I will say it has some flaws. My battery drains quickly and for some reason Sprint network seems worse then it was before. Possibly flaw with phone or maybe the Sprint network.

But I will say this is best phone I have owned and imo the best phone on market.(Even though for some reason Inc does seem slightly more smooth)

I think you will love it.

Upvote 0
Great phone.

I like it more than my old 3GS. I like Sprint better than AT&T. I like the Android OS more than iOS. My battery life is BETTER than my iPhone's. If I didn't have the screen issue it would be a perfect phone. As it stands, the screen issue is a major flaw in my eyes. I can't stand looking at the white light bleeding onto the screen. It's like buying a new Lexus with a dent in the door.

Upvote 0
Well since there is no inbetween I won't vote but I will say it has some flaws. My battery drains quickly and for some reason Sprint network seems worse then it was before. Possibly flaw with phone or maybe the Sprint network.

But I will say this is best phone I have owned and imo the best phone on market.(Even though for some reason Inc does seem slightly more smooth)

I think you will love it.

Im having the network issues also. The phone itself is awesome! But I can barely use it at work because I either get no signal or 1 bar. Im at work 10 hours a day and I need my phone to work. Other than that issue its a really great phone. I cant stress that enough.

Upvote 0
I am a first time sprint customer and vowed never to be one, but I'm supprised as hell how good the network is in my area and the 4G service is even better. I had some battery issues, but after doing the charge/unplug/charge thing other recommended its working even better and still have 38% battery left since taking it off charge this morning and putting it through moderate to heavy use. I got rid of my iPhone for this and it blows my iPhone 3gs out of the water in pretty much all ways. Although in still getting used to the Android Os. I waited till Apple announced the new Iphone and I wasnt impressed at all to say the least. This phone just spec wise looked liked It blew the Iphone 4 away. So with that being said I'm really liking this device.

Wrote this on my EVO...love the keyboard too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones