399 vote(s)
    95.0%
  2. Sucks

21 vote(s)
    5.0%

Last Updated:

1. Slice28

Slice28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have to say im shocked by all of these comments and threads that im reading. Is the Evo really that bad?? or are people just doing a lot of nitpicking and hating on what is a really amazing phone. Im getting it friday and im still extremly excited to get it but should I be? I mean is this phone just a giant dud? From what I can tell it is in fact an amazing phone, but thats based on the specs, the tons of videos I watched on it, and about an hour of messing around with it.

Advertisement
  2. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

I absolutely love my phone, love it more than any other smartphones I've had. I got mine on launch day and have not tired of it yet. I can't leave it alone.

3. Dr.Evo

Dr.Evo Active Member

Love it. It's under warranty.. I can mod it, rom it, root it, and reuse it... LOVE IT

4. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

People only come to forums to complain about broken stuff. Nobody posts when everything works. My phone is awesome.

5. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

You should be excited. I love my Evo and am so glad I got it. Mine has no problems at all. I hope you enjoy your Evo. Have fun with it!

6. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

no problems here

7. Woosh

Woosh Well-Known Member

Well since there is no inbetween I won't vote but I will say it has some flaws. My battery drains quickly and for some reason Sprint network seems worse then it was before. Possibly flaw with phone or maybe the Sprint network.

But I will say this is best phone I have owned and imo the best phone on market.(Even though for some reason Inc does seem slightly more smooth)

I think you will love it.

8. Bagua

Bagua Well-Known Member

Love the phone and don't regret re-upping my contract. Cominf from my Win Mobile 2 year old phone and adapting to Android has been awesome.

This forums has and still helps immensely.

9. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

Battery life is my only issue...trying a few tips (maybe rooting) to solve that. Otherwise, I'm lovin my EvO!

10. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Love it.

11. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Mine is great! Really enjoying it.

12. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Love it, and so does everybody else it looks like.

Its a shame a very select few negative nancys come on here inciting riots.

twospirits and misterzeno like this.
  13. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

OP,

if you have doubts, do yourself a favor. Don't even bother opening the negative titled threads. If you don't allow posters to put negative thoughts in your head you'll have no dissatisfaction with the phone. IT's a great phone, be sure to buy a car charger.

14. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

Other than not having TAB or | on the keyboard I'm really enjoying it.
    Has about the same or better average battery life than my Mogul did (after a few tweaks).
    There's a bit of a learning curve when you've been on Windows Mobile for the last four years but it's altogether a pleasant experience.

15. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Well-Known Member

Love mine more and more everyday. Rooting it and throwing Fresh on has so far helped with battery a little. Will definately be buying the 3500 battery so I can go buck wild on this thing.

Go Lakers!

16. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

"battery life" isn't an "issue"..this is a mini super computer, so until it runs on solar power, its gonna use battery juice! Geez, to get the power that some folks think it should get, you'd need a mini nuclear reactor inside!!

If you expect long life from your phone battery, get a motorola star tac!!

aburgthing likes this.
  17. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

You have to understand. *Some* of what you are reading is trolls. I could tell you my Rolls Royce tires are shredding. Just because you read it on the internet does not make it true.

Yes. Some issues but not at the scale some suggest.

18. aliveon2legs

aliveon2legs Well-Known Member

I've never been happier with a purchase. I LOVE my EVO.

19. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

That made me LOL!!!!

20. CPR

CPR Well-Known Member

Great phone.

I like it more than my old 3GS. I like Sprint better than AT&T. I like the Android OS more than iOS. My battery life is BETTER than my iPhone's. If I didn't have the screen issue it would be a perfect phone. As it stands, the screen issue is a major flaw in my eyes. I can't stand looking at the white light bleeding onto the screen. It's like buying a new Lexus with a dent in the door.

21. Slice28

Slice28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

wow i deff expected a lot of negativity but i also deff thought there would be enough postivie feedback to balance it out and what concerns me even more is that a lot of the negative comments are coming from Evo owners

22. CoachEVO

CoachEVO Well-Known Member

Loved my Palm Pre despite what was said...tons of negativity. I totally agree with TF1984. It will get to you, and for the most part, for no good reason. Get it...you'll love it.

23. thundrbird1

thundrbird1 Active Member

I've had no issues with mine either. With the exception of battery life(Use a charger), this phone is by far the best.

24. celeste9000

celeste9000 Member

Im having the network issues also. The phone itself is awesome! But I can barely use it at work because I either get no signal or 1 bar. Im at work 10 hours a day and I need my phone to work. Other than that issue its a really great phone. I cant stress that enough.

25. crakkajakka15

crakkajakka15 Member

I am a first time sprint customer and vowed never to be one, but I'm supprised as hell how good the network is in my area and the 4G service is even better. I had some battery issues, but after doing the charge/unplug/charge thing other recommended its working even better and still have 38% battery left since taking it off charge this morning and putting it through moderate to heavy use. I got rid of my iPhone for this and it blows my iPhone 3gs out of the water in pretty much all ways. Although in still getting used to the Android Os. I waited till Apple announced the new Iphone and I wasnt impressed at all to say the least. This phone just spec wise looked liked It blew the Iphone 4 away. So with that being said I'm really liking this device.

Wrote this on my EVO...love the keyboard too.