IS the Evo4G all it was promised to be?

Last Updated:

1. toaster468

toaster468 Member This Topic's Starter

I have ordered my Evo4G and until recently I haven't heard anything negative about the phone. I wanted to know if real users were actually happy with their Evo4Gs. With problems plaguing them i wasn't sure if i made the right choice on phones.

Advertisement
  2. jerzeywill

jerzeywill Well-Known Member

Happy here no problems at all.

3. grindstoneslave

grindstoneslave Well-Known Member

I have owned alot of phones and love the EVO more than any....EVER!!! :D

4. MiDri

MiDri Active Member

Love mine, I'm actually able to cure lepers with it!

5. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

To me, more, far more than I ever hoped. Love everything about my phone.

And yes, I have a tiny bit of light leakage I never see as I have a silicon cover.

6. dvrcowboy

dvrcowboy Active Member

Evo rocks!!!!!

7. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

Best phone ever. Now I am gonna get an otterbox and life will be good. Wish I could get the battery to work better, but it is what it is. Will give it some time and see what kind of fixes they may come up with. LOL. Otherwise I would not trade it for anything else that is out there right now including the new iphone.

8. wrchad23

wrchad23 Well-Known Member

GReat phone. You won't be disappointed. There's a couple glitches that were causing me a major headache but once we figured out the workaround it's great.

9. reiththestud

reiththestud Well-Known Member

I love my Evo. Much happier with the EVO than I EVER was with my iPhone. Youtube search "reiththestud" to see all my comparison videos.

10. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

And more.

Posting from my EVO powered iPad

11. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

I love my Evo. On the forums you're naturally gonna see plenty of negative feedback, because when someone needs help or has a complaint, this is where they go.

Everyone that has no problems with their Evo has less reason to post here.

12. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

I just wish the OS was more refined. Even with a 1 Ghz processor, the Evo stutters when scrolling apps, menus, etc...Overlays look old and ugly too...with that nasty solid grey background (you know, from the 80's)...the youtube app button overly, the way the volume looks, the horrid handcent pop up.

I also really wish the OS took better advantage of the higher resolution. For example, the iPhone shows more songs on a play list on its smaller display than the EVO on its bigger display. They keyboard is ginormous, and I can fit more lines of text on an email with the keyboard up from my 3 year old iPod Touch with a 3.5" screen than on my 2 week old EVO with a 4.3" screen.

Google has no excuse for not being flat out better than the iPhone OS. They have more money and more resources. They better fix it quick,

As much as I love my EVO, if the iPhone was on a better network, I'd be likely to switch. The only thing rooting ever got me was tethering, and I don't use that often enough.

I just think the iPhone OS is more refined. I shouldn't have to root and tweak the h3ll out of my phone just to make it work right. Even still, you KNOW the android experience is not as 'smooth' as an iPhone, in any respect.

But, a phone is part hardware, part network. I've never had any issues with Sprint, thus, I have an EVO.

13. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

I don't have 4g yet but I'm still loving everything about this phone. I don't even bother trying to USB tether anymore because web browsing on this thing is nearly flawless. I've hadit since launch and still cannot put it down.

14. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

I'm loving my Evo. It is far better than expected. Only glitch I have is that I cant get my hdmi out to work properly with my tv. Otherwise, it is awesome and I can't recommend it enough.

15. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

The Evo isn't perfect, but for me-the best phone I ever had. I'm very happy I got it

Sent using my HTC Evo 4G.