• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Fierce 2 an upgrade over the Galaxy S2 T989?

I have read that the camera sucks, and that the Alcatel Fierce 2 has its software issues, but it is still newer than my T-Mobile Galaxy S2. The cheaply built Fierce 2 is a lower end phone by today's standards, but it still has some good specs for a budget phone. Of course the S2 was a higher end phone when it hit the scene, and it still has decent specs. Mine is rooted which is also a plus, and the Fierce 2 might not ever be. But still, I am just wondering from a practical, everyday standpoint like surfing the web, sending a few messages and watching a few vids, is it worth buying the Fierce 2 (with its five inch screen) when I already have the GS2 if I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something more.

Anyone familiar with both devices, especially the spec aspect of both phones and whether there is any appreciable difference in real world usage?

Its meh. F2 might have some spec advantage over an s2 but software does hold it back.

For a everyday for texting and some video it does have better battery life but not by much. The lags are what you feel most the time and the f2 is not a real good multi tasker.

If your looking to upgrade and not spend a lot of money idk if you can get the lg f60 on your plan, if you can go for that. Sure its a smaller screen but it is ways better then the f2 or s2.

If you can't just stick with the s2. You'll be regretting it a few weeks down the road if you got the f2.

Reactions: maximuslyricus
Upvote 0
Its meh. F2 might have some spec advantage over an s2 but software does hold it back.

For a everyday for texting and some video it does have better battery life but not by much. The lags are what you feel most the time and the f2 is not a real good multi tasker.

If your looking to upgrade and not spend a lot of money idk if you can get the lg f60 on your plan, if you can go for that. Sure its a smaller screen but it is ways better then the f2 or s2.

If you can't just stick with the s2. You'll be regretting it a few weeks down the road if you got the f2.

Thanks for answering. That's what i kind of figured.

I think that I am going to op for the ZTE ZMAX. It's a much better device, plus it looks like root is near.

Upvote 0
That was the T-Mobile version of the S2 right? I used to have that phone long, long ago. Anyways, creep is exactly right on his answer IMHO. The f2 is definitely a serious lag whore. This is not a good multitasking phone at all. You'd probably be better off sticking with your s2, but if you are determined to get a new device at a good price, you are on the right track with the ZTE ZMax. 2gb of RAM never hurts and this will keep it moderately snappy, alas it is somewhat crippled by the Snapdragon 400, but the 16gb of on board storage and the BIG screen are definite pros.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones