• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the file ".rhmsoft" safe to delete??

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
I've had my Galaxy S3 for only 2 months and today I got a notice that I have less than 1GB remaining. I was surprised to see this, as I haven't installed that many apps and it has 16GB of internal storage. I went into storage and looked at what was taking up so much space and saw a file called ".rhmsoft" using 3.78 GB of space. Does anyone know what this is for? A web search brings up little of value, except for file manager software which I had on my phone at one point. Searching with ES File Explorer brings up a few files and folders such as "com.rhmsoft.fm-***". The other odd thing is that when I add up the file size of all the files found it's less than 11 MB. I'm stumped as to what they are so if anyone can let me know that would be great.

Upvote 0
I've had my Galaxy S3 for only 2 months and today I got a notice that I have less than 1GB remaining. I was surprised to see this, as I haven't installed that many apps and it has 16GB of internal storage. I went into storage and looked at what was taking up so much space and saw a file called ".rhmsoft" using 3.78 GB of space. Does anyone know what this is for? A web search brings up little of value, except for file manager software which I had on my phone at one point. Searching with ES File Explorer brings up a few files and folders such as "com.rhmsoft.fm-***". The other odd thing is that when I add up the file size of all the files found it's less than 11 MB. I'm stumped as to what they are so if anyone can let me know that would be great.

It appears as though that's a file manager app... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm

Upvote 0
Hi

Its almost certainly a hangover from an app by rhmsoft. I would email them at support@rhmsoft.com and ask them.

Probably the thing to do is reinstall FileManager or whichever of their apps you were using, then
Menu
Manage apps
Find it
Clear cache
Clear memory
Uninstall (rather than uninstalling from playstore)

This may remove the folder. In any case if you are no longer using their apps and the folder is not being updated I guess it's safe to remove it. Rename and see if anything happens before deleting.

Roger

Upvote 0
I went into storage and looked at what was taking up so much space and saw a file called ".rhmsoft" using 3.78 GB of space. Does anyone know what this is for? A web search brings up little of value, except for file manager software which I had on my phone at one point. Searching with ES File Explorer brings up a few files and folders such as "com.rhmsoft.fm-***". The other odd thing is that when I add up the file size of all the files found it's less than 11 MB. I'm stumped as to what they are so if anyone can let me know that would be great.
Since it's no longer on your phone, it's safe to delete. If you are still hesitant, just rename it and give it a day or two to ensure everything works okay. If so, then delete it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones