• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the G1 the right phone for a $250 budget?

liveify

Lurker
Apr 8, 2010
I have a blackberry right now and I find my self wanting something different and android looks awesome. On ebay I can get a decent condition unlocked tmp G1 for 170 bucks. Im on ATT btw. I really want to stay below my $250 budget.

I like the style of the G1 and I am not too concerned with memory space, I delete unused apps right away. I realize the 3g won't work but I am around wifi most of the time.

-Will

Why not just get a nexus one? The g1 has become ancient as far as support goes.

I don't know enough about tmobile but as far as I know you'd pay the same amount of money for both a month, and the nexus would only be 180ish for the contract.

OR if your still on ATT the backflip may not allow apps not from the market, but it's still a nice Android device for someone. Though blur is just terrible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones