• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is the Galaxy S4 even worth buying in 2015?

dsmega55

Lurker
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I'm new here and have been looking around a little bit because I've reached my contract renewal time with Verizon. I am leaving a Razr M, and I really like the size of that phone. I'm not a heavy user. I Facebook, chat, email, and do some surfing. During a month I maybe use .75 Gb. I'm on my wi-fi here at home too.

I see that the phones are becoming larger and larger. I have short stubby fingers and I really have no need for a large phone. The S4 is currently free at the local Bestbuy and Verizon store. I was thinking of the S4 (friends have it and love it) but when I google it, while I'm seeing mixed reviews with more positive than negative, I'm also seeing people complain about the age.

Being that I'm not a power user, don't watch videos other than a few youtube clips a week and I don't game on it....will i really notice a difference or big issues in two years when my contract comes up again? I'm lost here, because the more i research, the more I find that people are talking about the age of the phone (but I'm thinking these are power-users and tech people who want the newest and fastest thing) My Razr M was released I think 3 years ago and it's great, I'm just tired of having it as a phone, so the S4 should be good in two years.....right?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
DS

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones