• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the GS2 a good replacement for an EVO 4G?

carguyjohn350

Mar 15, 2013
Hey guys, I am out of contract on Sprint and don't want to renew so I am looking for a low cost replacement for my HTC EVO 4G.

There seem to be a lot of Samsung Galaxy S2s for sale in my area for about $100. If Im not mistaken, the GS2 has a faster processor (1.2 GHz and dual core vs 1 GHz and single core) and more RAM (1GB vs 500 MB) when compared to my EVO. I was just wondering if theres anything else I should be aware of or if any of you would have any other advice.

Maybe this is a crazy question to start with but the Sprint GS2 link on this site redirects to Epic 4G. Is that Sprint lingo for the GS2? The ones Ive looked at for sale say Galalxy SII and Sprint on the back.

Thanks for your help.

No bootloops or general wonkiness here either. Really, if I had to make one complaint, it would be the battery life. And even that isn't bad, I just wish it was better. :)

+1 to that

That's nothing an extended battery couldn't fix if you didn't mind the extra added bulk to it.

I kind of do wish my gs3 had the sturdiness that the epic touch has.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones