• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is The HTC Hero outdated?

HTCERO

Lurker
Jun 3, 2010
Im currently a proud HTC Hero user but with all this talk of the Evo and snapdragoon etc. im starting to feel behind in the times is the HTC hero still a top notch android phone like it was when it came out? also will someone test out google talk with me ive nevr used it and wuld like to try it out

I ran into this realization a few months ago. I was under the impression that the Hero was fairly new when sprint started distributing it. However, little did I know that the Hero has been out in Europe for over a year before Sprint distributed it in the States. All they did was make the outside shell look slightly different.

I was pretty irate about this, because my 30 days had passed and I've only owned it since March of this year. Few months have gone by and now my GF is getting an Evo on my line and I'm going to be waiting for loading time, and texting delay glitches while she's wondering what the heck I'm doing on my phone all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the capabilities and features of the Hero, but the new android phones are literally double the speed... Which is pretty sad for us.

Ive complained to Sprint about this as well as with the 2.1 delay (they told me when I got my phone that it was to be released shortly), and the best thing they can say or do is tell me to upgrade my phone next year when I'm eligible for an upgrade or fork over the 300-400 bucks for an Evo...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones