• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Incredible the only full tv out capability?

guam

Jul 12, 2010
Is there any other phone with tv out capability to show "whatever is being shown on the phone at the time"? Besides the Incredible.

All these new hdmi out phones seem to only show
youtube
photos
movies
web
powerpoint

I need to transmit apps like google maps to a big lcd screen. Why is it so hard to just show whats on the damn screen? It seems like we are going backwards in development here.

BTW I would rather have a GSM (WCDMA) version. Thats why Im asking in the first place.

Thanks for any insight!

The samsung galaxy s line of phones can also do that. Available on t-mobile and at&t right now as the samsung vibrant and samsung captivate. Sprint is getting its version soon the epic 4g which is 4g and has a physical keyboard, and not sure about the verizon version. But those phones also are able to do what you're asking about.

Reactions: guam
Upvote 0
The galaxy line looks ok, GSM and all.

It seems that you need a regular $5 ipod video cable with 3 rca jacks. Same as I saw with the DINC. Apparently you use the red one for video though. White and yellow for sound.

Also has a wireless DNLA connection to a tv. Not clear what that is.

There is a rumor about a $50 micro usb to hdmi as well.
Samsung’s Latest Accessory Will Allow HDMI Out on Galaxy S AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

I wonder if the hdmi will show only the limited items I mentioned before as opposed to the screen shot?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones