Is the incredible worth 350 more?General

Last Updated:

1. Lamarak

Lamarak Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have an offer of basically getting a motorala droid free with a new contract. I have already purchased the Dinc on the 19th, but a new patron and with in my 30 days still. So in your opinion is the incredible worth the almost 350 Im paying for it versus the droid? Thanks for any help.

Money not a huge issue, but saving 350 nothing to sneeze at )

Advertisement
  2. IncrediblyCool

IncrediblyCool Well-Known Member

In my opinioin, I would stick with the HTC Droid Incredible because it has more features, a faster processor, better camera, it's lighter, and you will be stuck with a lesser-featured phone(Motorola Droid)for two years. I you are tight on money then possibly you could opt for cheaper option.
    Click thanks if this helped!

Lamarak likes this.
  3. shaggymatt

shaggymatt Well-Known Member

My Droid is lagging now that I have it built out to how I want it. Still not as bad as a BB though! I now have an Incredible on order, and my wife will be getting the Droid (coming from an original BB Curve - she'll be blown away).

4. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Why would you be paying $350 for the Inc?

5. eipee73

eipee73 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I love HTC Sense and the phone is blazing fast, I don't think you'd be making a mistake buying this phone.

Good question here, it should only be 199 + tax

6. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, shouldn't the "cost" be more like $200?

It should be $199 right off the bat with a new contract. There was that $30 off coupon you should certainly qualify for without any arguments if you're a new customer. If you don't have any promotion or way to avoid the activation fee, I would assume that problem would still apply to the Moto Droid too.

Either way, only you can really answer that question. This phone is faster than the Moto Droid, has SenseUI, and lacks a physical keyboard (which could be a plus or a minus for you).

$350 is going to be worth more or less to others than it is to you, so only you can really determine what the "value" of that is.

7. Lamarak

Lamarak Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well my bill came out to 330 with taxes bit I forgot about the 100 rebate and the few accessories I bought for it there, so guess total in all be 230.

8. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Ok, gotcha. I ordered mine online and got an instant $100 rebate. Forgot about that $100 mail in rebate.

9. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Depends. If rooting and a physical keyboard are something you would like a free moto would be an option. If you want the better camera and more memory keep the dinc.

10. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

If you don't need a physical keyboard and money is no object - it's so worth it.

11. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

If you can get the Droid for FREE I'm not so sure the the Incredible is worth the extra $200 . I would forsure go with the Incredible for the extra $200 but that's because I hated the Droid when I had it. But that was just me

and phone technology changes so often it's hard to keep up anyways lol

12. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

There are a few "costs" here.

The cost of the actual phone: $~230
    The cost of having to wait for root
    The cost of having to wait for official updates from HTC

Then there are the benefits:
    Faster Processor
    Sense UI
    Higher res camera
    Newer overall technology.

So really the decision isn't so much monetary as it is preference.

13. Mikerosoftpro

Mikerosoftpro Well-Known Member

Keep the DI, Trust me. With 2.2 coming, I think it will run even smoother than the Droid will. I have had both, and the DI is worth $500 more imo. Eitherway, youll be happy, just youll be happier with the DI.

14. gorenut

gorenut Well-Known Member

Incredible all the way. Wasn't a fan of the MotoDroid because everything that was supposed to appeal to me.. really failed - which is why I held out for the Incred. At the time, 5mp camera was awesome.. unfortunately the Moto Droid's camera is kind of wonky and took worse pics than cameras with lower mp (prob combination of lens and software).. also.. I personally liked physical keyboards (still do to a certain extent) - but the MotoDroid's physical keyboard is pretty much pointless. Every MotoDroid I played with, the keyboard just flat-out sucked.

So I got my Incredible, love the camera and with Swype.. don't really miss a physical keyboard anymore (I came from an LG EnV Touch). Luckily I got mine for $100 after rebates and everything.