Is the Intercept 3G?General

Last Updated:

1. Muckrak3r

Muckrak3r Member This Topic's Starter

I know the specs say it is, but I never saw 3G on the blue tile at the top of my screen. It only says EU, whatever that means.

I got an Epic in today, and right when powered on it displayed 3G at the top. What gives?

Advertisement
  2. gilbequick

gilbequick Well-Known Member

This is something I'm questioning as well. I knew it came with the Revdo radio, but the specs said "3G". I've never seen "3G" on my status bar either. When I got the phone I knew it was a budget minded Android phone, but I didn't want 4G and it was what Sprint offered, other than the Moment which is pretty much out the door. I wanted at least a 3G phone, the Intercept said it was...... It better be!

3. daystrom

daystrom Well-Known Member

EVDO is 3G. Now the Intercept uses a Rev.0 radio which means it is a tiny bit slower than the faster Rev.A but nonetheless it is a 3G phone.

4. grimmasterone

grimmasterone New Member

i have an intercept though Virgin mobile, prepaid that runs off of the sprint network. I never see the the 3g icon..if i do its a flash second and then gone again. the sprint map says im in the area for 3g. and the icon for 3g is 1+ or something like that.

5. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Some phones will have EV (EVDO), some will have 3G...same difference. 1x stands for 1xrtt which is the 1G(1.5,2,?)G technology that preceded EVDO in CDMA world. In the GSM world (at&t, TMobile) it's HSDPA (3G) and EDGE (1/1.5/2/2.5 or whatever).