Is the Kingo root exploit the main one?

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member

Is the Kingo Root exploit the main way to root the Note 3 Verizon model?

Just wondered if there was anything else with this warning...lol!

WARNING! The Kingo app is a root exploit app from China. Right now there is serious deliberation going on about identifiable information (such as the phone's IMEI) being reported BACK to the developers and China, for possibly nefarious purposes. Possibly. We are not sure why this information MAY be reported back, and KingoSoft is being very secretive. Do NOT proceed unless you are okay with this possibility!

Advertisement
    :
  2. MrClean

MrClean Well-Known Member

I can't say much about the warning, but I did use it to root my N3. I did go back and download Chainfire SU Pro app to replace the one in the Kingo root. I have seen no ill effects from using it but I guess you never really know.
    To my knowledge, there is vroot and Kingo. Both have similar concerns about them. The thing that I find strange in all of this, no one has come up with a different method of rooting the Verizon Note3. If it is such a concern I would have thought an alternative method would have surfaced.
    darkcyber likes this.
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I used Kingo... apparently they don't send back IMEIs to the mainland anymore (but I maintain that warning because of the POTENTIAL to do so). Make sure you're on a desktop PC and not a laptop when you root it.