• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the LG V10 missing anything?

After looking at the specs for this phone, I can't find anything it is missing that I currently want. Is there anything that you want out of a new phone that the V10 doesn't have?

I haven't had a phone with front facing speakers, but they seem like they would be nice. That definitely doesn't out weigh everything else this phone will have.

SD card slot is my biggest deal. It's just so easy to move all my stuff to a new phone with an SD card. Not to mention protecting all my pictures and music from water damage. (I work over water)

Reactions: KnightofScorpio
Upvote 0
I haven't had a phone with front facing speakers, but they seem like they would be nice. That definitely doesn't out weigh everything else this phone will have.

SD card slot is my biggest deal. It's just so easy to move all my stuff to a new phone with an SD card. Not to mention protecting all my pictures and music from water damage. (I work over water)
Agreed, The front facing speakers are missing. But I know personally I am always using headphones or a Bluetooth speaker.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Agreed, The front facing speakers are missing. But I know personally I am always using headphones or a Bluetooth speaker.
I do wish it had at least one FF Speaker:
It appears the lone speaker is on the bottom edge of the phone,which,for my use,is a much worse placement than a rear-mounted speaker.
I find myself covering the speaker on the Note 5 any time I'm using the phone for media consumption/games/etc.....
After a few moments,this gets quite annoying. :maddroid:
Definitely a drag,but,as it appears virtually every other feature is checked-off,I can deal w/it (grudgingly). :spitoutdroid: ;)

Upvote 0
I do wish it had at least one FF Speaker:
It appears the lone speaker is on the bottom edge of the phone,which,for my use,is a much worse placement than a rear-mounted speaker.
I find myself covering the speaker on the Note 5 any time I'm using the phone for media consumption/games/etc.....
After a few moments,this gets quite annoying. :maddroid:
Definitely a drag,but,as it appears virtually every other feature is checked-off,I can deal w/it (grudgingly). :spitoutdroid: ;)
Yes that is one of the features that kept me away from the Note 5, but there were others as well. So I as well will deal with that flaw.

Upvote 0
Front-facing speakers would've been nice, considering they put them on the affordable Nexus 5x. But I don't mind them moving it from the back to the bottom of the front. I actually have my phone on vibrate more than 90% of the time,and use wired or bluetooth headphones, so it doesn't really matter. But I feel like that would be much better than having them on the back when I'm doing media based things than onthe back.

Reactions: Nateilus
Upvote 0
Ok, I think we have a consensus on the front facing speakers.
I think we can also agree that the reason why we are focusing on front-facing speakers is because we now have a phone comparable with the Note 5 but with Micro SD and Removable Battery.

To boot, and time will tell here, the build quality and camera on this phone will be even with, or better than, the Note 5.

Upvote 0
After looking at the specs for this phone, I can't find anything it is missing that I currently want. Is there anything that you want out of a new phone that the V10 doesn't have?
How about an easier way of rooting the phone? Lol
It's not impossible but the fact that this phone is probably going to be locked down like the LG G4 concerns me for ROM development. The instructions to root aren't for the faint of heart from what I read at XDA. The T-Mobile LG G4 forums are so scarcely populated this is probably not the phone to get if you want to root. I might just get it anyway but I do find the lack of support very concerning. I guess it'll also depend on how well this phone sells since the LG G4 didn't do too well in sales.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
How about an easier way of rooting the phone? Lol
It's not impossible but the fact that this phone is probably going to be locked down like the LG G4 concerns me for ROM development. The instructions to root aren't for the faint of heart from what I read at XDA. The T-Mobile LG G4 forums are so scarcely populated this is probably not the phone to get if you want to root. I might just get it anyway but I do find the lack of support very concerning. I guess it'll also depend on how well this phone sells since the LG G4 didn't do too well in sales.
If I were on any other U.S. Carrier other than T-Mobile,I'd wait for root.
Nothing's guaranteed,but,my money says this will at least get root on T-Mobile.
As for ROMs,I'd be cool w/a de-bloated stock ROM,anything else I need,root apps should do the trick.

Upvote 0
The only thing that seems to be missing to me is a way to turn off that small display and reclaim that screen real estate. It could be there but I haven't read anything about that so :shrug:
The 'Ticker" display doesn't appear to span the entire width of the phone,giving space for the dual-lens FFC.
I wouldn't give up totally on this phone,it should be interesting to see what the dev community can do w/this.

Upvote 0
For anybody interested I just saw this video yesterday thought he was pretty thorough. Not trying to spam, just for those who want more information. I like the rose gold colour he got. Hope it helps.
Anthony.
Thx for posting this video. V10 has been one of the phones I've been going back to as an option, but I had been marking the speaker as a huge negative to this point. I figured w/ 1 tiny speaker the sound isn't going to be amazing, but from the video it seems completely capable of being used in spearkerphone calls which I tend to do at home.

Upvote 0
Side by side with my note 4 the v10 is actually a little louder but slightly less clear at max volume. I mostly use Bluetooth or earbuds for calls and music so it wasn't a deciding factor for me, but for those that use it I wouldn't let it keep you away. It'll be about as good as any other phone that lacks front facing speakers and the rest of the phone has been fantastic.

Reactions: gibbga
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones