• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is the low volume problem this bad?

WalmartSecurity

Android Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2010
Thursday Poll: Experiencing Volume Issues With Your DROID X? | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

It seems like many people are having trouble hearing their notifications. Is the volume problem really as bad as the poll suggests?

I'm literally on the verge of getting the Droid X but I have a few concerns regarding volume.

1) I use my phone as my alarm
2) I commute via train quite a bit, and not being able to hear the phone would suck
3) Is the volume for turn by turn navigation low also?

These alleged volume problems are really bumming me out.

Thursday Poll: Experiencing Volume Issues With Your DROID X? | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

It seems like many people are having trouble hearing their notifications. Is the volume problem really as bad as the poll suggests?

I'm literally on the verge of getting the Droid X but I have a few concerns regarding volume.

2) I commute via train quite a bit, and not being able to hear the phone would suck

These alleged volume problems are really bumming me out.

Guilty, guilty, guilty....................the Droid is def not for you. Unless of course you do what I do, I use my Motorola T505 Bluetooth device at all times. For music, alarm, navigation it works.

Upvote 0

1 -> Unless you're sleeping in a tornado it should be sufficient to wake you up.

2 -> Maybe, depends on the ringtone. If I'm out and about noisy places I turn on vibrate. In the office, it's loud as hell.

3 -> Depends on where you mount the phone and your habits. If you have the windows down and stereo cranked to max, you won't hear it. Windows up, not really a problem.

I suggest visiting a Verizon store and listening for yourself :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones