Is the low volume problem this bad?Support

Last Updated:

1. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thursday Poll: Experiencing Volume Issues With Your DROID X? | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

It seems like many people are having trouble hearing their notifications. Is the volume problem really as bad as the poll suggests?

I'm literally on the verge of getting the Droid X but I have a few concerns regarding volume.

1) I use my phone as my alarm
    2) I commute via train quite a bit, and not being able to hear the phone would suck
    3) Is the volume for turn by turn navigation low also?

These alleged volume problems are really bumming me out.

Advertisement
  2. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member

Guilty, guilty, guilty....................the Droid is def not for you. Unless of course you do what I do, I use my Motorola T505 Bluetooth device at all times. For music, alarm, navigation it works.

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I'm kind of shocked. The original Droid has a damn loud speaker for a phone. I wonder why Motorola would downgrade. Could it be a software issue?

4. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

I think that it is likely to be a software issue... At least I hope so - so maybe it can be fixed! :)

Beasnizzle99 likes this.
  5. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member

1 -> Unless you're sleeping in a tornado it should be sufficient to wake you up.

2 -> Maybe, depends on the ringtone. If I'm out and about noisy places I turn on vibrate. In the office, it's loud as hell.

3 -> Depends on where you mount the phone and your habits. If you have the windows down and stereo cranked to max, you won't hear it. Windows up, not really a problem.

I suggest visiting a Verizon store and listening for yourself :)

6. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

You make your own ring tones with ringdroid. There are ring tones that are loud. That doesn't help navigation though, that volume is really hard to hear especially in a loud truck.

7. Nightwind Hawk

Nightwind Hawk Well-Known Member

I just got the Droid X and notice no problems with the volume... I actually turned mine down and still hear it just fine. Haven't tested the alarm yet though.