• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the monitor really that bad?

Hypertek

Lurker
Aug 4, 2011
I am debating between the G tablet and Nook Color since price is similar. I went to Office Depot and looked at the G tablet, though the ceiling lights in there give some glare, it was hard to make an overall judgement on the screen in there. I don't think I found it that bad. I can see the horsepower this has over the Nook color might be something I will like, I like tinkering with stuff (my pc overclock, my old windows mobile 6.5 wing overclocked etc) so modding I am not scared of.

I read about people disliking the screen.. Is it really that bad? From you owners, does it bother sometimes or is it really no big deal?

I am thinking I will use it on plane flights and in hotels, as well as leisure etc.. i do want to play games though and general multimedia.

Also are there some screen protectors and cases that fit it?

Replies much appreciated. Thanks!

I've had mine for over a month. After two weeks the wife wanted one as well. The screen can't be tilted or lay flat in you lap. If you check out the cases on electroniccrap.com they have a good assortment for the tablet. I wish I would have waited for the case that had multiple viewing angles.

The wife uses her for showing wedding photos to potential clients and hasn't had any complaints.

Reactions: Aardvark1971
Upvote 0
The screen is not that bad. My wife owns the Nook and I own the Gpad. The Nook has a better screen viewing angle wise, but she would never want to root it so I don't know how it performs with Honeycomb and the like. I'd go with the Gpad unless you are really into books and want an e-reader.

Upvote 0
The viewing angle, to me, is a minor irritant. Not that big a deal. I've got the skinomi protector. I didn't notice a big change in the viewing angle either way. I will say that I am very happy with the gtablet, and very happy with the screen protector. I use my tablet every day and am glad I purchased it.

fwiw I use the G-Harmony 2.6 rom, as it is fast, plays both Netflix and Hulu, and is stable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones