Is the monitor really that bad?

Last Updated: 2011-09-11 16:41:18
  1. Hypertek

Hypertek New Member

I am debating between the G tablet and Nook Color since price is similar. I went to Office Depot and looked at the G tablet, though the ceiling lights in there give some glare, it was hard to make an overall judgement on the screen in there. I don't think I found it that bad. I can see the horsepower this has over the Nook color might be something I will like, I like tinkering with stuff (my pc overclock, my old windows mobile 6.5 wing overclocked etc) so modding I am not scared of.

I read about people disliking the screen.. Is it really that bad? From you owners, does it bother sometimes or is it really no big deal?

I am thinking I will use it on plane flights and in hotels, as well as leisure etc.. i do want to play games though and general multimedia.

Also are there some screen protectors and cases that fit it?

Replies much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Hypertek

Hypertek New Member

ok I read that a screen protector improves it alot.. and the skinomi carbon skin looks pretty cool, i think I am sold
  3. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

I've had mine for over a month. After two weeks the wife wanted one as well. The screen can't be tilted or lay flat in you lap. If you check out the cases on electroniccrap.com they have a good assortment for the tablet. I wish I would have waited for the case that had multiple viewing angles.

The wife uses her for showing wedding photos to potential clients and hasn't had any complaints.
    Aardvark1971 likes this.
  4. xeno2011

xeno2011 Well-Known Member

The screen is not that bad. My wife owns the Nook and I own the Gpad. The Nook has a better screen viewing angle wise, but she would never want to root it so I don't know how it performs with Honeycomb and the like. I'd go with the Gpad unless you are really into books and want an e-reader.
  5. fredsmith

fredsmith Well-Known Member

The viewing angle, to me, is a minor irritant. Not that big a deal. I've got the skinomi protector. I didn't notice a big change in the viewing angle either way. I will say that I am very happy with the gtablet, and very happy with the screen protector. I use my tablet every day and am glad I purchased it.

fwiw I use the G-Harmony 2.6 rom, as it is fast, plays both Netflix and Hulu, and is stable.
  6. fergs

fergs New Member

Hi
    The viewing angle can be annoying, but, I have found when watching movies etc, if you turn the gtab upside down you get a better viewing angle. Apart from that I think it is a super tablet and I have changed the android version on mine about 10 times, each upgrade bring more uses
  7. fergs

fergs New Member

Hi
    The viewing angle can be annoying, but, I have found when watching movies etc, if you turn the gtab upside down you get a better viewing angle. Apart from that I think it is a super tablet and I have changed the android version on mine about 10 times, each upgrade bring more uses