Is the Nexus 4 phone 4G/LTE enabled?General

1. phoneadvice

phoneadvice New Member

Having looked at the popular Nexus 4 phone @ http://tinyurl.com/awy4v7z, I'm wondering is this cell phone compatible with the fast 4G/LTE wireless cellular network?

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

3. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

The phone has a LTE radio but its not advertised to work. with the stock 4.2.1 rom and radio you can enable it, However with the updated 4.2.2 rom and radio that option is no longer present.

It does have lte but its not really supposed to work.
  4. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

It would be a beautiful thing if Google (LG) could run the n4 through the FCC again right before T-Mobile flips the switch on it's LTE network....That would put a giant smile on my face 4sure!
  5. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

By then N4 is already an old phone.
  6. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

T-Mobile is about ready to flip the switch! The n4 won't really be considered old until we get rumblings and rumors about a new nexus.
  7. ritchea

ritchea Well-Known Member

Nexus 5. May just be rumors but the May release (Google's I/O event) has been talked of for months. I think T-Mobile has been listening although their GoSmart Mobile doesn't appear to offer any LTE. Something has to make it valuable for contract folks.
  8. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Well-Known Member

I wish, wish, wish (Fairy Googlemother are you listening?) they would do a Nexus version of the HTC One. It's an absolutely fantastic phone but I couldn't live with HTC Sense after using vanilla Android.
  9. bubbalv29

bubbalv29 Well-Known Member

10. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member