Is the One X + a S3 beater?General

1. Dibs

Dibs Well-Known Member

With the new phone recently announced, do people think that this phone will conquer the S3?

Or are they too close to call?

(I'm after a new phone soon - can't decide which one to go for)

Advertisement
  2. D31f

D31f Member

It's just a a matter of preference. either you like TouchWiz UI or htc Sense. I like htc Sense just cuz it looks and feels better for me. Samsung GS3 is from regular plastic other than htc One X+ is one piece polycarbonate. i won't talk about hardware, they're almost identical, but Samsung GS3 has a microSD card slot (that's a good feature that htc is missing)
    Dibs likes this.
  3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

They both have their advantages. One X + has a faster processor and running jelly beans out of the box. The S3 has a removable battery/memory and tw has more features. One X + also has beats software.
    Dibs likes this.
  4. Dibs

Dibs Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards the 1x+ just now. Jellybean out the box (more chance of upgrade to next Android update? Also, can think there are/have been some issues with syncing S3 to Google calendar...

I now just have to wait a few weeks... :)
  5. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

S3 got 2gb of ram.. i think having 2gb of ram is better than fast cpu and will be future proof.

When i had skyrocket i727// it use to eat about 300mb of ram but with ics it ate 600MB.
  6. Dibs

Dibs Well-Known Member

The 2gb of ram sounds great, but my issue now is that the S3 can't easily sync with my google calendar (have to manually choose the google calendar everytime you enter an event...)...

That'll **** me off eventually... Think the X+ for me!! I'm sure it'll be fine for the next 18 mths/2 years!!!

:rolleyes:
  7. Skyroket

Yeah ive had problems with calendar on s2 as well as gps and other bugs. Plus touchwiz isn't really my thing.. Its too colorful. Ive never owned HTC but like their widgets... But for me pure jelly bean is the best. Simple, quick no extra crap... Thats why i like nexus
  8. Dibs

Dibs Well-Known Member

Thanks.

There doesn't seem to be many pure Google phones here.

Think the X+ will get the nod. I could always root and get pure Google (I think!!).

:D
  9. Skyroket

One x+ is a beast. Ialways wanted to root and make s2 pure android.. But i just dont trust third party developers.. I mean how do i know it may send out information... I would rather give info to google than to some unknown dude.
  10. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

The only downside of this handset is that it apparently lacks 4G..... I definitely prefer this to the XL offered by T Mobile which offers 4G though.
  11. Tulsabd

Tulsabd New Member

Why would you think it lacks 4G?

Here are the modes it supports.

GSM 850
    GSM 900
    GSM 1800
    GSM 1900
    LTE 700
    LTE 850
    LTE 1700
    LTE 1900
    WCDMA 850
    WCDMA 1900
    WCDMA 2100
  12. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Depends on where you are. The model they list in the UK (where Johnny is) doesn't have LTE - might change in future when LTE becomes more widely available, but here and now he's right.
  13. Tulsabd

Tulsabd New Member

ahh, my apologies.

I'm still learning this world of androids; being an iPhone user and who's not at all pleased with their latest offering, I've been targeting this model to move myself and my wife to. I wasn't aware they make different models for the various continents; I'm accustomed to is one size fits all.
  14. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

So far, the One X screen is the best that I have seen on the market, bar none, hands down. Plus the camera is really great. :)