• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Optimus Showtime (LG L86C) still available?

Mr_Generic

Lurker
Oct 9, 2013
Greetings,

I purchased an LG Optimus Showtime (LG L86C) about six weeks ago. I want to purchase another one, but the Walmart website keeps showing "out of stock," and the StraightTalk website doesn't show it any more.

Other than ebay (or other similar sites), is it still possible to purchase this phone?

I understand the LG Optimus Ultimate (LG L96G) is, or may be, the replacement for the Showtime. However, the Showtime is a CDMA phone and the Ultimate is GSM. I prefer Verizon networks, which use CDMA.

If the Showtime is no longer available, is there a CDMA version of the Ultimate available?

Thanks!

As far as I know the only place you might be able to get one is from eBay. And yes, the Ultimate is the same exact phone as the Showtime except it's gsm instead of cdma. I haven't looked on ST's site in at least a couple of weeks so I don't know if they have anything new that matches the Showtime, but I have heard that the Samsung Galaxy Centura is a pretty decent phone for the price and it operates on Verizon towers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones