• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Photos app replacing gallery?

supremekizzle

Mar 20, 2011
Hi, I recently installed the new Google services update for 4.4 and noticed that there is a photo app that is either a part of picasa or Google+. For all intents and purposes, it has replaced my gallery app as my go to way to manage my photos. Plus, auto awesome is, well, awesome and I love that gifs are animated unlike the regular one. So I'm just wondering if this photos app will be replacing the gallery in 4.4? Would it be safe to delete my gallery app? I'd like not to have 2 separate apps for pics, so if I can get away with deleting the gallery app I would like to do that. How would I go about deleting the gallery if it is safe to do so? I'm rooted and running stock 4.3 with Franco kernel. Thanks for the help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones