Is the running services app the same as a task killer ?

Last Updated:

1. NinjaStar28

NinjaStar28 Active Member This Topic's Starter

can some 1 tell me is the running services app the SAME OR BETTER then a task killer or manager ?............ if so y is it when u open it u never see the 3rd party apps thats running in the back ground like the task killers show !!.........some body break it down

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

The deal is simple:

1. Murder certain things and your phone becomes unstable.

2. Task killers all by their lonesome often cause instabilities - depends on make, model and then you, the user.

Android wants to kill tasks when it finally decides they're just not needed.

Some tasks are not well-behaved - so you might want to nudge them over the edge to annihilation.

If anything, I've found that Advanced Task Cleaner Pro (not to be confused with the ATK killer) does not cause instabilities on my Evo.

As for why not everything showing up in the Android running services list - that list is trying to save you from yourself trying to kill too much of the wrong things.

Some apps are simply written and installed in such a way as to not show up in that list.

Use Automatic Task Cleaner Pro as your last resort to managing your phone.

So - what is it you're trying to accomplish - really?

NinjaStar28 likes this.
  3. buMitch333

buMitch333 Well-Known Member

does anyone know what amount available memory should be shown at the bottom of the running services?

4. NinjaStar28

thanks for the reply ...... i want the best batt life that i can get for my evo , and if u can kill or should i say stop apps running in the back ground with the running services app the i technically dont need auot task cleaner pro ...... but i will look in2 it regardless !!

5. NinjaStar28

thanks for the reply ...... i want the best batt life that i can get for my evo , and if u can kill or should i say stop apps running in the back ground with the running services app the i technically dont need auot task cleaner pro ...... but i will look in2 it regardless !!

6. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

how long does your battery last? as a rule, if it aint broke don't fix it...

7. NinjaStar28

for the last 7 days i got...... 7h, 10h, 10h, 9h, 20h, 1d-1h, 6h thats a real lop sided pattern and all that was with out ATK so tomorrow im goin 2 start my ATK week