Is the Samsung Moment underrated or what?Support

Last Updated:

1. dibba

dibba Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Moment for about 4 months now (coming from a Blackberry) and LOVE it!

Love the option of the physical keyboard, love the touchscreen, love the apps, love 2.1 on it!

It just seems this thing is so underrated. Most people talk about the Droid, the Hero, and others, but not the Moment. (except here, but I mean in the "real" world).

I haven't used one of the other phones, but are they really that much better, or just hyped up? If so, what makes them "better"??

I can't imagine a phone better than the Moment.

Advertisement
  2. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Personal preference. I love my money and only plan to upgrade to a 4g capable phone but will keep this one around for sure. I thought the Hero was just too small nad the droid reminded me of a touchscreen razor( we all know how awesome razors were..not!) It reminds me of the G1 and how popular that has stayed.

3. NoJive

NoJive Member

Just swapped my Hero for a Moment. So far I am liking it, long as the Airplane mode issue doesn't pop up.

Jive

4. edp

edp Well-Known Member

i like my phone and all, but let's be honest, the moment is just plain ugly. the droid has had so much advertising behind it and the htc phones are just pretty. the moment has neither of these. my phone looks fine when i look at it on it's own, but every time i see it next to my roommate's n1, or even a hero, i'm just like, damn moment, you're ugly. haha. just my opinion on why it gets no love in the "real world"

5. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

I think edp hit the nail on the head. Moment is a good phone. It was getting some Love as Sprint's flagship but the EVO has stolen that place. The actual hardware has held up well. I was skeptical about the durability of the slider. But it is a solid build.

6. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

The phone may be a little fugly and I have some issues with Samsung BUT it's bar none the toughest phone I've ever owned. 7 months in without a case and no signs of wear and I don't baby anything except babies.

7. dibba

I don't think it's ugly at all, I think it's pretty awesome looking, and the huge slide out keyboard is great.

idk, maybe I'm just biased 'cause I have one.

8. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

It's ugly to a point nobody would steal it but I do have to agree, this phone was built well. After the Pre fiasco I was a little concerned about sliders but damn, this thing hasn't even shown signs of use and like pasta I haven't been babying it. I don't even have a screen cover or skin on the thing.

9. edp

edp Well-Known Member

again, i like my phone and all but if you go and compare it side by side to the other android phones, like the evo, the hero, the n1, the droid eris, etc, man, even the droid itself and even the g1.....the moment is hands down the really ugly kid in the family. the only android phone i find uglier that's available in this country is the backflip. man, that thing is a serious eyesore

10. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I love my Moment, but yes it is ugly as heck. I do drool over the bigger / thinner phones because the Moment is also so damn thick.

However, this is one awesome phone.

11. souljah335

souljah335 Well-Known Member

I don't care that its ugly. I care that my friends my touch slide was just so much better than my moment. It was just so much faster than any phone I ever played with.

12. PiggyGirl

PiggyGirl Well-Known Member

It looks better than the Droid.

13. Android Walks

Android Walks Well-Known Member

I thought the Cliq was the ugliest Android phone.

14. djsdaman84

djsdaman84 Member

Im not crazy about the look of the moment either so i went out 2 my local mobile accesory store and grabbed a few snap on covers. they really change the look of the phone! All my friends went crazy thinking i had a new phone.:D

15. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

The Moment does look similar to the nexus 1 actually. Same black bezel and silver bottom trim. But this is only the front part of both phones lol

16. krzyglu

krzyglu Member

I love my Moment everyone who looks at and uses it love how fluid it is. The silver case remides me of Robocop for some reason especially in the right light.

17. pastafarian

Funny, I played with one yesterday and felt it was no faster than my Moment although I am using noobnl's 1.4.9f rom. It has Sense, a 5mp camera and multitouch (damn you Samsung), but that's about it (swype means nothing to me). The case looks slick but also is slick and easy to drop as the Tmobile sales guy apply demonstrated.

18. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I think people don't give enough credit to the durability of the phone. I'd happily take durability over a small appearance thing any day of the week. If the phone was better looking and more fragile, people would complain about that a ton more.

19. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I agree that the durability is ok, but I think that lockup is just as bad as a fragile phone. In fact, it may be even more frustrating b/c it's like the phone breaks repeatedly, imo.

20. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it awesome. It is an okay performer with a serious un-fixable modem issue running an awesome OS in a decent shell with a nice screen.

21. dibba

What's the un-fixable modem issue you're talking about?

22. pastafarian

Search around here for cdma lockup and airplaine mode and you'll see. A flaw that doesn't strike every phone, but seems prevalent. For me, it's only after a wifi session and then it's random.

23. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Rumor mill has it if you underclock during heavy data usage it may not lock up. So far all my tests have been successful!

24. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

So far with my own testing, lockup occurs whenever the phone warms up and is using data. Plug it in and turn on the GPS and say goodnight to that thing in <20mins. If there is sunlight shining on my phone in the windshield mount then I might get 10mins. But if I keep it cold it will last much longer.

25. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

I can drive hours on a hot day (been in the 100s here lately) with the charger plugged in and the GPS keeping the screen up with no issues then randomly lose data after the phone has been idle in a cool room. Random sucks, my only real issue with the phone.