Is the Screen Made from Gorilla GlassGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Starcruzer

Starcruzer Guest

I can't find a definitive answer. I seen answers of Yes and No. Would current Reverb owners provide feedback on the screen?

If the screen is not Gorilla glass, what screen protector do owners like?

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

First off, regardless of whether the screen is Gorilla Glass or not it can still and will crack if you drop it enough.

Also, screen protectors will not prevent the screen from cracking, they only prevent scratches, which can still happen with Gorilla Glass.

Usually by just searching amazon with your device name you can find some decent ones for under 10, under 5 even.

You best bet for protecting against cracking your screen is by buying either a full case or buying one that wraps around the sides.

Hope this helps :)
  3. norcalscot

norcalscot Member

I'm using the plastic screen protector that came on my phone as it shipped. It was designed to be taken off using a small tab when you unbox it, but I decided to simply cut off the tab and leave it on there.

Now that I have my Reverb in a protective case you can't actually tell that it isn't a "real" screen protector.

Samsung's web page for the Reverb specs doesn't mention Gorilla Glass, so you can assume it isn't.
  4. bh0

bh0 New Member

Someone on the virgin mobile qa/faq page for the phone claims he called Samsung and they confirmed it's gorilla glass. Take that for what it is I guess. I'm upgrading from my plastic screen Optimus V so I'll take any kind of glass screen.
  5. Jimmy422

Jimmy422 Well-Known Member

I'm almost 100% positive it does. I've dropped my reverb and had it skid across the floor and not have a single scratch on it. After this I decided to test it and took a key and scratched HARD into the screen, and there wasn't a single mark. I've now had it for about two months and there's still not a scratch on the screen.
    Starcruzer likes this.
  6. jgraves12

jgraves12 Well-Known Member

Someone on the virgin Q&A said that it was gorilla glass 2 but I don't know how reliable of a source that is.
  7. Hossdelgado

Hossdelgado Member

As everyone's noted, Samsung, Virgin and Corning are making it difficult to answer this question by providing no info.

Here are the inconclusive sources I've seen so far:

1. Corning official site - doesn't list reverb as having gorilla glass on its 'products list'
    Starcruzer likes this.