38.6%

Last Updated:

1. hajabooja

hajabooja Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What do you guys think?

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I'd wait for a few people to post their reviews after a few charge cycles. Personally, I'm going to go with the 2150mAh from VZW.

3. Scincidae

Scincidae Active Member

Polls are almost useless because people just click anything whether or not they have any credible input. Posts from users that have experience with the battery is what I would listen to, I guarantee the votes will be full of untruthful/uneducated answers. Not trying to sound mean, just trying to give you a heads up so don't go solely by the votes.

4. hajabooja

hajabooja Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Fair nuff, I just wanted to get an overall feel over what people thought. I don't want anything that will change the profile of the phone.

5. brichi

brichi Well-Known Member

how much thicker does the 2150 make the phone?

6. THORN74

THORN74 Well-Known Member

im holding off right now. im pretty neutral on the current OEM battry. im only on my 2nd charge.

1st charge was only 6hrs. but i was running it pretty hard, trying out everything and down loading apps, trying out the new toy.

2nd charge so far is 24+hrs and just now turned yellow (~1/4 batt). this charge was a little closer to MY standard use. so we will see what happens before i decide if a diff battery is warrented

7. mmisterio

mmisterio Well-Known Member

I have the Seido and after discharging it and fully charging it for a real run, I'm very pleased with the results. I'm at 60% left at 10pm and according to a battery widget, I have another 8 hours of juice to burn through.

8. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Tests have shown that seidio is overstating the size of the batteries they sell. In fact i have 2 and am not impressed at all.

9. mmisterio

Dude, you troll every thread about extended batteries and your sig makes it look like your sole mission in life is some crusade against Seido. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean that Seido is a bad company.

10. Droidboy850

Droidboy850 Well-Known Member

You are a crazy man. How many of these threads are you going to pollute with your untrue knowledge? I am so glad I have the seidio 1750 it exceeds my expectations. I've had it off the charger for 9 hours now and am at 55% with heavy tethering and texting.

11. mmisterio

If someone could tell me how to take a screen cap I will prove the following from my Battery Left widget information:

Time Left: 8:28
    Accuracy: Accurate
    Estimated Life left: 56%
    Unplugged since 1:03pm (10 hours on)

1750 is definitely worth it!

12. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq Well-Known Member

I feel that a lot of the reports of "oh, it's definitely better" are a result of nothing more than the placebo effect. If I myself get an extended battery I will do extensive tests myself to see root out the truth. I'm sure it will give you a bit more battery life, but the real question is, do you wait for the official extended battery? Too many people are making early purchases, my opinion: wait.

13. phorts

phorts Well-Known Member

FWIW - BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

That's the site he may be referring too. Seido has been fairly well documented by battery enthusiasts for overstating their mAh.

Both Seido batteries produce less than 84% of their advertised mAh. Which means that a 1750 mAh battery will presumably only produce 1470 mAh.

Not a whole lotta gain over the stock 1300mAh OEM Battery.

Just sayin...

For me, i'll wait to see how the 2150 looks with the new back and if conventional cases will fit.

ryanx27 likes this.
  14. Droidboy850

What is the difference between a Seidio battery and an "official" battery? They are all made in china or japan and they all are the same. It's like well I could get the $90 HDMI cable from Monster or I could get the $5 one on eBay. Guess what? They all do the exact same thing!! How is a battery better then another battery? Please tell me. Have fun with your "official" extended battery while trying to find a case to put it in. :D

15. Droidboy850

The guy who runs these tests is baloney. He isn't a professional battery tester. He doesn't test multiple batteries or think of variables. He tests 1 and gives BS information. The dude doesn't even have a job. How do you test a battery without actually using the phone instead of letting it run on standby for hours on end?

16. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

I was just gonna say, what is that, an n =1? I would trust real world results more than his "testing".

17. bagged00

bagged00 Well-Known Member

today is the first full day i have had my phone. i have a feeling the battery is gonna suck just like the eris did. im sure ill probably get a seidio 1750 battery. i dont get why everyone trys to bust there balls. alot of things on the internet isnt always true of course but some people cant seem to get that through there head. i just need my phone to last a whole day, so i dont think im willing to loose the sleakness of the phone for vzw oversized battery. i have a feeling the 1750 will suit me just fine.

18. Corallis

Corallis Active Member

Cables and Li-Ion cells are a far cry apart. The quality of the cells used in the batteries can make a huge difference. Lower quality cells wont hold their full potential and tend to lose their zero point faster than quality cells.

But regardless whether or not the Seidio 1750 runs at exactly that or not, the OEM battery is going to be 2150 for what? $10 more? I would be kicking myself in the rear later for not getting the bigger battery - you never know when that extra bit of life will come in handy. Supposedly the OEM battery will add a total of 1mm thickness which is hardly anything really. Hell you might even be able to squeeze the cases on them even with the expanded battery with that little bit of difference who knows.

19. Jodiuh

Jodiuh Well-Known Member

Judging by this thread and the other, it seems 95% of you are satisfied w/ the Seido. That's worth a look for me.

20. mmisterio

Yes, immensely.
    [​IMG]

21. zvrider

zvrider Member

I say don't waste your money. My Seidio 1750 was worse the the factory one, I sent it back for a refund.

22. The Antagonist

The Antagonist Active Member

How did you get the battery status in your notification panel?

23. fish2587

fish2587 Well-Known Member

question: i'm not in a 3g area, so i'm ALWAYS in extended service. I have very good reception though (-50's to -60's). Does extended service drain the battery more, even if my service is good? Thanks!

24. MonsterMaxx

MonsterMaxx Well-Known Member

A 'professional battery tester' WTH? there is no such thing.

You would need some basic understanding of batteries to know that it's a pretty simple test.

You put a sustained load (this can be as simple as a light bulb of an appropriate wattage) on the battery and measure the discharge rate and the voltage, stop at the low voltage cutoff and you have a time difference. Amp hours is the rating. If it's a 1AH battery, that means it can drive 1 amp for 1 hour. A good example is a typical tail light bulb (1156) which is 1 amp at 12V.

It would be appropriate to measure how much of a load the phone will pull and load the battery accordingly. I'd be guessing around .1-.2Ah (100-200mAh - the 'm' is milli or 1/1000.)

This ain't rocket science.

Most any RC (that's remote control) modern battery charger will do it for you. I like the FMA stuff, but there are tons of brands out there which will do it for you. Can also use a device by eagletree to monitor it, but you'll have to supply the load.

I don't know the guy from Adam, but it looks like he's posting real test results to me. Ignore them as you choose, but to say he's not a professional battery tester and therefore his results are are invalid is just silly.

25. s0nic69

s0nic69 Well-Known Member

agree.

greenrolaids likes this.