• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is the thunderbolt worth getting in a trade

IMHO... the Incredible is the best phone HTC has put out and that remains true as of today.

And regarding the ThunderBolt it is the first generation LTE device, so of course there are going to be bugs, but I really expected it to be a larger DINC (I was wrong)

It is really sad but I am looking forward to the lead time when I put the ThunderBolt on eBay to fund my next phone, that way I can go back to DINC for a little while... this may change when my area gets 4G, but as of right now nope :)

So in short, keep the Incredible and wait for the second gen LTE devices... I REALLY wish I would have done that.

Upvote 0
I had an Incredible but after getting it replaced 7 times for the external speaker blowing, i decided to upgrade to a ThunderBolt. The Thunderbolt is pretty sweet, I must admit. It seems exactly like the Incredible, but the screen is a bit large. I liked the size of the incredible. The Thunderbolt also seems to be a little bit quicker than my incredible. It does suck that the ThunderBolt comes loaded with a bunch of stupid apps that you can't delete, and i'm not going to root it to get rid of them.

I'd say take the thunderbolt so you are ready for the future. LTE is here for a long time, and if its in your area, its well worth it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones