Is the USB charger dual voltage?Support

Last Updated:

1. kmdroidx

kmdroidx Member This Topic's Starter

Possibly a simple answer to this question -- can the USB charger that ships with the Droid X be used with 220 volts in addition to 110 volts? I am planning to take my Droid X to India and need to figure out if I should plug the charger into a 110/220V travel converter, or if the USB charger is already dual voltage and I'll only need a plug point adapter.

The voltage specified on the charger has 240V as the upper range, which leads me to think it should work with 220V. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

It might be able to handle the higher voltage but no it is strictly 120 volt plug.

kmdroidx likes this.
  3. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

Right, he or she would need to get a plug adapter so that it fits properly, but I'd think a voltage converter to change the output to 120 volts is unnecessary since the device can handle up to 240 V. I mean, I'd go by what it says on the charger. If it says up to 240 V, then it should be able to handle it without harming anything.

kmdroidx likes this.
  4. kmdroidx

kmdroidx Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks folks -- I think the adapter (not converter) is all I'll need to fit the USB charger plug into a 220v outlet. I pray that it won't fry the charger, or worse, my beloved X!!

5. randallman

randallman Active Member

There are plenty of plugs that are 208/220/240V but are not a different form factor... Standard 2 prong + ground... Check your local datacenter. I plug AC->DC bricks into 208V frequently.

--Randall