Is there a better alarm clock?Support

Last Updated:

1. unsmart3d

unsmart3d Member This Topic's Starter

I've used the default alarm clock that comes stock with the phone. Since I only need the alarm clock for weekday reminders, I'd prefer that the pone just vibrates or allows me to choose a more soothing "alarm" tone.

The only tones available for this alarm clock are extremely annoying and loud "alarms" that are not suitable in the classroom. (No, I am not a college student, but rather a principal at a private school.)

There are many ways to make the stock alarm clock work, but I can't find any of these settings.

• I'd like to change the stock alarm clock program to simply vibrate with no alarm noise.
    • I'd like the choice to add a more quieter alarm sound, or lower the sound of the alarm ringer.
    • I'd like to change the functions of the buttons on the side of the phone--default settings are to snooze the alarm I guess? By the time I get the phone out of my pocket, one of the side keys are pressed, dooming to another annoying sound in exactly 10 minutes.
    I'm willing to pay for an app if someone knows of a superior alarm clock app in the marketplace.

Thanks in advance!!!

Advertisement
  2. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

Why don't you just add your own alarm tones instead of using the stock 1s i just downloaded some tones that were appealing to me thats what i did

3. MobstaJ

MobstaJ Active Member

I have been using klaxon downloadable from the app store. It's much better than the default alarm. There are options for volume where you can set or ramp up the volume. You can also just flip the phone over to snooze. I think the app is 2 or 3 bucks but its worth it.

4. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Night Clock is awesome.

5. unsmart3d

unsmart3d Member This Topic's Starter

I can do a hundred things on my phone, but I am very naive when it comes to adding my own alarm tones. How do I do it?

TIA