1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Is there a Bible app that works without an Internet connection?

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

I use the You version of the Bible which is great. However, if you lose your Internet connection, or on a plane, you have no access. Is there a Bible app that actually downloads it? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Advertisement
  2. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

Olive Tree King James Version. It is in the market for free. Just search for it. It is very easy to find. Have a blessed day.
    Sideman likes this.
  3. Ltgk20

Ltgk20 Active Member

With Youversion you can dowload a few of the different translations to your device for offlone reading.
  4. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Correct...

YouVersion has roughly 20 (and counting) English versions that can be downloaded to memory card and used offline.

OliveTree and CadreBible are offline options...
  5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just used YouVersion in church tonight offline. It definitely works offline.
  6. Rootmepls

Rootmepls Well-Known Member

And-Bible has become my favorite. Its basically the E-Sword of the Android market. Lots of translations, Strongs Concordance support, Commentaries, you name it. Full package and offline support.
  7. briman4031

briman4031 Well-Known Member

I always used CadreBible and enjoyed it, but recently gave YouVersion a try. I like it just as well. They have some kind of promo going to let you DL the offline NIV.
  8. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

The NIV download offer ended... the publishers made it available for a very limited time.
  9. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I really like the NIV version of the AcroBible.
  10. sammeiii

sammeiii New Member

You can download several translations of the youversion lifechurch.tv android bible app. You need to:
    1. Register with youversion/ create an account
    2. Sign in with your newly created details
    3. Run the bible app
    4. Navigate to where you can select from the different translations available
    i.e. select bible
    select the top right corner of the top bar (where u usually have the name of the book you are reading and the translation-select the translation bit)
    5. when the list of translations drops down, the translations that are downloadable have a green marker on the right of the translation.
    6. Select the green marker to download.
    7. If you can't find the translation you want, select 'find new versions' at the bottom left of the 'bible translations' page.

NOTE: You need to be online/connected to the internet to download these versions.

Hope this helps you.