Is there a Bible app that works without an Internet connection?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rcyphermd, Mar 6, 2011.

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I use the You version of the Bible which is great. However, if you lose your Internet connection, or on a plane, you have no access. Is there a Bible app that actually downloads it? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Advertisement
  2. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Skip Trace Investigator
    Loveland, Colorado
    Olive Tree King James Version. It is in the market for free. Just search for it. It is very easy to find. Have a blessed day.

Sideman likes this.
  3. Ltgk20

Ltgk20 Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    With Youversion you can dowload a few of the different translations to your device for offlone reading.

4. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Correct...

YouVersion has roughly 20 (and counting) English versions that can be downloaded to memory card and used offline.

OliveTree and CadreBible are offline options...

5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Yeah, I just used YouVersion in church tonight offline. It definitely works offline.

6. Rootmepls

Rootmepls Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    NorCal
    And-Bible has become my favorite. Its basically the E-Sword of the Android market. Lots of translations, Strongs Concordance support, Commentaries, you name it. Full package and offline support.

7. briman4031

briman4031 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I always used CadreBible and enjoyed it, but recently gave YouVersion a try. I like it just as well. They have some kind of promo going to let you DL the offline NIV.

8. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    The NIV download offer ended... the publishers made it available for a very limited time.

9. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I really like the NIV version of the AcroBible.

10. sammeiii

sammeiii New Member

Feb 11, 2012
    You can download several translations of the youversion lifechurch.tv android bible app. You need to:
    1. Register with youversion/ create an account
    2. Sign in with your newly created details
    3. Run the bible app
    4. Navigate to where you can select from the different translations available
    i.e. select bible
    select the top right corner of the top bar (where u usually have the name of the book you are reading and the translation-select the translation bit)
    5. when the list of translations drops down, the translations that are downloadable have a green marker on the right of the translation.
    6. Select the green marker to download.
    7. If you can't find the translation you want, select 'find new versions' at the bottom left of the 'bible translations' page.

NOTE: You need to be online/connected to the internet to download these versions.

Hope this helps you.